The Official Random Video Thread!

Sax is one of my all time favorite instruments. World's greatest rock sax solo in this tune...

Sounds like a tenor and alto. I doubt he did it on the album, but his sax player would play both at the same time live.

I like the idea of the builder a mile or two up the other end of the pipe, wondering what the hell is happening! :lol:

Yeah, it'd be Kyle..." what in the f'g high holy hell is going on in this damn pipe ??!!" :lol:

Had to listen to that vid after all the comments, very cool.

Lxs, your comment reminds me of the most amazing solo I've ever witnessed by any instrument- years ago in New Haven after seeing a Ted Nugent concert we went across the street to the bar, a band called B Willie Smith was playing, basic original R&R with guitars and sax. When it came time for the sax player to solo, the band brought the tempo down while he ventured out into the crowd playing his sax. He worked his way onto walking across the patron's table tops as the tempo built up more and more. Then he started walking down the bar top wailing on his sax and stopping every few moments to down multiple shots. His solo was building to a fever pitch when he reached overhead and grabbed an exposed plumbing pipe in the ceiling, pulled himself up on it and then swung around hooking the back of his knees on top of the pipe. He let go with his hands so he hung upside down, grabbed his sax and then f'g wailed out the solo. He played upside down that way for probably a couple of minutes. If I hadn't seen it I wouldn't have believed it.:drink:. I don't know how he didn't barf up those shots.

My parents used to listen to a lot of Boots Randolph sax, it sounded good to me even at a young age.

That chit is super hard core. I wonder what the (high) pay is?

They get damaged physically from almost having the bends again and again, call it the micro bends.
Doesn't make for a nice life when they get old.

Yup. When i was looking into it the average life expectancy was 9 years. I doubt it has improved much. In other words, the pay is that high because it has to be.

Back