The Official Critter Thread

I caught The house cat going 17mph. I didn't check to see how well he made the 2'-3' wide 90 degree turn. That would make a good slow motion video.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
One critter working to save/rescue another

Here's the video the above clip came from. Unbelievable savagery. The most intense bear fight ever recorded. The YT comments are good too

Amazing color, scenery, and premise

I’ve trained most of our 5 hamsters to come up the tube when called. I use their name and jiggle the tube. Strangely, food was never a reward. The aquarium with a cage is a play area they each visit every night and getting them to the top makes it so I don’t have to remove the lid. I really fell in love with these rodents after interacting with them. At first, it was just to please our young daughter but now they’re basically MY pets.

@Maximalist Well dang it.

1) What is your opinion of that censorship?

2) The vid is a Russian fellow who has a very large pet grizzly bear which was eating cherries out of this hand and also from his lips.

3) If instagram is banned, I wonder how this guy is on it, he was russian and virtually all the writing was russian.

Last edited:
Oh oh, I think I might know #3! Maybe he's using a VPN? That's how their commercials lead me to think...

I better be careful what I post, I'd hate to get the House added to some list, and not get to see @Maximalist post all those beautiful photos.

Idk what VPN is but if it shows IG etc then I guess the ban doesn't have teeth

VirtualPrivateNetwork. You buy a vpn service from a provider, and they act as a proxy to the web. You have encrypted traffic that goes to the vpn, which then gets forwarded to the destination(in this case, instagram). The reply comes from instagram to the vpn, and then goes to your machine. Anyone watching the traffic will see communication to the vpn, but won't see the final destination.

Some of the more totalitarian countries will block vpns, so it isn't universally foolproof, but for nominally (semi)open countries, it'll get past restrictions.

Back