The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 303K
Yeah, I've seen that on some cameras if you zoom in really far. You'd just need to develop a method of printing on canvas that makes it look like paint. Some programs exist that are supposed to make pictures look like paintings, but the one I tried was too fake looking. It used a pattern of short random brush strokes that look unnatural to the subject matter.

Yeah, I've seen that on some cameras if you zoom in really far. You'd just need to develop a method of printing on canvas that makes it look like paint. Some programs exist that are supposed to make pictures look like paintings, but the one I tried was too fake looking. It used a pattern of short random brush strokes that look unnatural to the subject matter.
Yes, a highly focused digital zoom will produce a very grainy image. In this case, it looks like it was taken close up, but in a very dark space, so the the ISO on the camera likely jumped way high, which also produces a grainy image. Newer, fancier digital cameras with optical lenses now have the abiliity to somehow go up to a 6400 ISO without it looking grainy, which is quite impressive.

If you wanted to make a photo look like an oil painting and if you have some skills, you could use Adobe Photoshop or GIMP. If you have no experience with programs of that nature, you could just use something like DALL-E or Davinci (among a few other options, with DALL-E being one of the best) to make AI generated alterations by simply entering in word commands such as, "make it look like an oil painting; brighten exposure; increase sharpness; increase saturation; give it a renaissance art feel," etc.

These AI art programs are extremely powerful and, once you learn to how properly enter in commands, and how to make adjustments, and learn what to expect from each command, the type of art that you can create from a photo, or even from nothing, is limitless. There are some new AI programs out for editing video now as well.

Back