The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 291K
Yay, it worked!

My son made that vid, its a fun collage of them messing around at the beach on LI Sound, at home, and at camp in ME.

Yeah, just throwing it out there, I'm in a dark place cuZ we had put down our 11 y o Vizsla yesterday, vet says he apparently had an undetected tumor which evidently ruptured on our last woods-walk on Weds, causing internal bleeding etc, vet said he wasn't savable. So we had to euthanize him on Friday.

Gosh its so brutal.

Thank you, Gigi.

I've had a number of dogs over the years, all very beloved, but this loss hit me extra super hard, I guess cuz he was just an All Star. His name was Travis (a blend of Travel and Vizsla cuz he went absolutely everywhere with my wife as a puppy) and he was an athletic stud, super friendly, mellow and loving, loved woods and the wild, always up for 'the next event', very handsome and had a circus clown side of him that was just ridiculous.

It's been less than 48 hours so it would still be a fresh wound for most anyone, but because its rocking my world so heavily, out of a bit of desperate search for relief and coping, I did some reading online and also got a couple of e- books which are decent, but one of the best things I read was the following article.

Back