The Joke/Funny Pic/Video Thread

That's me.

After years of being a remote control... one day my mother told me to go turn up the volume. So I went to the TV and and pretended to crank up the volume, and asked Mom "how's that" she said, "a little more". and so I pretended to turn up the volume a little more, and asked Mom. "how's that?" She said perfect.

I declare, it was truly a moment of realization.

Bad Jerry.

Manufacturing and selling American junk helps keep China afloat. It's an anomalous relationship we have with China.

Growing up in the 50s and 60s Japanese products were put in the same class as Chinese junk is today. But then the Japs surpassed U.S. manufacturing in less than 30 years after the war, and maintain doing so today.

The U.S. needs help.

I don't think Japan is much different than the US. How much Japanese stuff is actually made in Japan, and not China? The only stuff I have I'm aware of are my Silky and echo saws, and I bet some of the echo parts came from China. Electronics are pretty much all Chinese. It's a different world now. Countries with money get other countries to make their stuff.

I bought a thermostat for my vehicle once, the box said made in USA, a little sticker on the thermostat said China lol

My dad was in WW2 and his motor pool unit arrived in Japan soon after the surrender. They reopened a Ford factory and within a couple weeks most of the employees that were still alive had returned. What impressed him the most was the blind man that sat at the end of the body line. As the vehicle based he rubbed his hands over the areas where body panels met and if one was not perfect he marked it with a wax marker and sent it back to be corrected. They were building Zeros out of wood and cloth by this time in the war. Wish I had listened to more of this experiences at the time.

Cool, Bob...conquering warriors those guys were. And they didn't rape, loot and pillage but started helping rebuild asap. Speaks tons for their character.

iJ4VZWW.jpeg

Back