The Biking Thread

Pictures of that bike would be cool...nice that a young couple like that took you on bike rides at that early age. Had to be some good adventures for a 12 year old.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gary, I had an edit that didn't take so I'll try again.

As a big fan of staffs and walking sticks, I was wondering if your staff on the bike is too long for that app, just wondering

It could be difficult to use from the bike, but not impossible. There are ways to use a long staff or sword as if they are shorter....choke the grip, change the grip, twirl to recover to a different strike or to provide a screen or distraction....sometimes a maneuver will be to gain time/distance to enable better use of the weapon's possibilities. It's not all about the strike or impact.

Nice looking steed, I like the stickers on it. Early 80's Cdale= handmade. Is it your main ride these days? Is it the one that pulled your small chipper?

The ZK, is that a sticker or is that a full side plate? How is it affixed? Thanks
its not the one i pulled the chipper. that was a steel specialized MB with really low gearing and street tires. it was stolen.

this is my get from A to B bike. i like going fast. its a little rough on the body. i have a 80s steel frame too thats really a better bike and more comfortable. but maybe not as fast.

Nice bike! I had a Schwinn 5 speed that I rode to Jr high school. Remember 5 speeds lol?!? I eventually traded up to a nice used Raleigh 10 speed Super Course, that was a sweet bike.

Hey here's a bike memory: I was riding to school one winter morning (remember frozen thumbs that don't work until thawed?? :lol: ), it was cold out but no snow or anything, just a wet road (:/::/::/:). So I'm about a hundo feet down the road and all of a sudden I pile up and crash in the road. I'm like W T F?? So I remount, ride another couple hundred feet and boom, down again.

Ha ha- Cory discovers Black Ice;);)

The World Traveler was a nice all-around bike. That was the "Kool Lemon" color, cost $113.95 back in 1973. A later bike that Schwinn developed out of that was the World Voyageur, with a 4130 Cro-Moly frame, relaxed parallel angle frame, triple chainwheel aluminum crankset, and took a loaded set of panniers well, great for long distance cycling.

In a younger chapter of my life, I was a bike messenger in Chicago for 6 months before getting hit by a car (driver erratically changing from turning to going straight, mid turn...minor injuries).
Was during a break, changing from one university to another.

Road to work fast, sprinted all day, rode home.

Mountain biking was fun but was hard on my wrists. Seat cut outs only go so far, too.

yes its super tall. taller than it should be for me. im 6'1. but i feel good on that bike, i can really stretch out. the cannondale is a bit on the small side for me. but it feels nimble. one of these days ill get a bike exactly right.

500km, sounds like fun!!

PC, does a bike still figure regularly into your plans re crane travel to the job,/bike home? I remember that was the case a few years ago. Kinda cool. It's been a few years since I've done appts by bike but I 'spect it'll happen again.

I go and look at jobs on the bike if I can set a few ground rules.
Rule 1. Max 20 miles. Dont want to be wheezing and sweating all around their garden.
Rule 2. Nice day. Dont want it to be raining of miserable if I'm wearing lycra and waddling around garden in clip-in shoes.
Rule 3. Reasonably attractive customer. Fairly self explanatory.
Rule 4. Not cold. See rule 3 for justification

Back