Starting afresh.

Mick!

TreeHouser
Ok, So @WoodCutr has got off to a rocky start, he’s very young, maybe a bit highly strung, but clearly is doing the job and we all like to see a youngster come in and tell his story.

So let’s restart the whole thing and forget the past arguments. I know he would like a go at resetting his relationships with all of us.
If he creates a scene from this point then ok, but let’s (as adults) give it a go to remain calm and move forward.

Have you read the "anatomy of a crane pick" thread?

The kid is absolutely nuts!

yeah I said some dumb stuff, but none of it warranted a public karen freakout

like Mick said, lets try and stay calm, move on from it, not trying to hurt anybody here

I can do that simple enough.
You are on ignore henceforth ( Pretty fancy word for a non-english speaker, non?)

That, in case you don't know, means I can't read anything you post, so you can go on being the World's greatest treeman, kid size.
I won't be bothered by it.

I had a vasectomy at age 23 because I don't like children, this is a lot less painful way to deal with that.

You need more coach Gowron...

Coach Gowron said:
Those who never question themselves always seem to be the most confident in their answers. Avoid excessive self-doubt, but don't be afraid to question yourself. Confidence is an asset, but being confidently wrong is not.

Also, sometimes it's better just say "Ok" and walk away. Treework seems to invite dick swinging contests, but there's no obligation to participate. Pay attention to the experience here, and don't treat everything as a personal attack. It's all just the internet.

There will come a time in the future when you’ll realize you weren’t as intelligent as you think you are now, assuming you don’t kill yourself first. Believe me, I’ve been there. Feel free to take that personal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There will come a time in the future when you’ll realize you weren’t as intelligent as you think you are now, assuming you don’t kill yourself first. Believe me, I’ve been there. Feel free to take that personal.
Reminds me of a quote I saw somewhere..
”when I left home to make my way in the world at 19 I considered my parents the stupidest people I had ever known, returning home a few years later after making and paying my own way I realised they had become very wise in my absence“

Last edited:
yeah I said some dumb stuff, but none of it warranted a public karen freakout

like Mick said, lets try and stay calm, move on from it, not trying to hurt anybody here
The first part of the first sentence was good. The second part was insulting.

Been his modus operandi all the time.
Oh, I'm sorry, so sorry, I didn't really mean it, please bear over with me........... then turn on a dime and bite.
In my part of the World, dogs like that get taken out behind the barn.

IMO WoodCutr simply hasn't learned how to show respect to others. He's in a small town without a lot of social interaction and apparently gets away with treating his parents like crap. I, too, had little respect for others in my teens. I struck out on my own at 15 years old and had to figure it out on my own. It took a long time without parental guidance. I constantly felt the need to prove myself in every single situation, no matter what it was. Most people found that very off-putting and either reacted in anger or disgust. I had one friend who got me through my late teens and 20s. Without his guidance I would have ended up in jail or dead.

Brian got it pretty spot on, I never got an opportunity for much social interaction, and now when I try to interact with people I get told off, I cant really learn to interact with people in a proper way because nobody will let me get far enough to even try

I shoulda stayed in school and never bought a chainsaw

I don't think it's a matter of "nobody will let me get far enough to even try". It's more that nobody will tolerate your misbehavior for very long, full stop.

You learn to interact with people by observing how other people successfully do so. Can't do that while constantly insisting to everyone around you that you know everything.

Can't do that while constantly insisting to everyone around you that you know everything.
when have I done that? I only insist I know what I actually know, I don't know everything but I sure know more than about 75% of people, every single person I've ever worked with has learned something from me, sometimes I do have useful info, not always but sometimes I actually do, I know its hard to believe that I can know something that one other person in the world wouldn't know but it does happen sometimes

sometimes I do make mistakes too, like earlier putting hydraulic fluid in the bucket truck, I forgot to tighten down the 4 bolts and the filter cap, as soon as I turned the PTO on it started spraying fluid everywhere, normally I wouldn't forget that but today I did

when have I done that? I only insist I know what I actually know, I don't know everything but I sure know more than about 75% of people, every single person I've ever worked with has learned something from me, sometimes I do have useful info, not always but sometimes I actually do, I know its hard to believe that I can know something that one other person in the world wouldn't know but it does happen sometimes

sometimes I do make mistakes too, like earlier putting hydraulic fluid in the bucket truck, I forgot to tighten down the 4 bolts and the filter cap, as soon as I turned the PTO on it started spraying fluid everywhere, normally I wouldn't forget that but today I did
The older I get and the more I do, the more I realize how little I know. The sum of information in my brain is like a grain of sand on a large beach.

I was cocky and arrogant as a teenager through to my 30s. It was a hard life. I had some accomplishments to be proud of but ego took it too far. I was a king baby. Self aggrandizing because I felt small and insecure.

I wanna see you succeed.

2 ears, 1 mouth- listen twice as much as speaking

Back