Songs I Like

try this on for size. 101 m views...

I loved Metallica until the “And justice for all” album. IMHO they went down fast on the self titled black album. They have been somewhat going back to their roots on the last few albums but it’s not the same.

A few reviews and comments echoed your feelings- the Black album was the pits.

Enter Sandman is the only Metallica song I know.

A few reviews and comments echoed your feelings- the Black album was the pits.

Enter Sandman is the only Metallica song I know.
Maybe try the Master of Puppets title track.

Are you sure you haven’t heard their song entitled One? It was before sandman and received air play.

That was great. Apocalyptica must have evolved since I’ve last seen anything from them.

The drummer didn’t do the triplets (when it gets heavy) on the double bass drum and cheated by doing them with his hands on the tom tom. This can be forgiven as the string work was amazing.

That's saying alot.

What do you think of their bassist, in that vid whoah he was into it, looks like a wild man. Strong legs too. :rockhard:

And I dig that elephant call at 0:45

Ok, long as we on a M/Enter Sandman vibe, here's this concert in Russia in'91. I mean, to be there and live thru that moment, it must have been otherworldly to have these freakin straight up wild men doing rad art the likes of which most of the audience could barely fathom given the authoritarian system they lived in.

This chit actually brought tears to my eyes just taking it all in. F*ck!

Last edited:
It's not even a mild exaggeration, they became absolutely huge worth literally zero help from the industry. They are amazing in concert, and they've kept that up for decades. Everyone is an amazing musician for them, and they work very hard to make the music they want to, not what will sell. The black album was their 5th, and is when they became accepted on the radio and stuff, but they were huge before that all on their own.

They've had 3 bassists over the years, that's jason newstead the 2nd one. The 1st one was cliff burton, an absolute visionary who was killed in a tour bus crash. The current one used to play for ozzy if that's any indication of his skill set. The stuff with cliff is still my favorite, but apparently they just released another album that's all over the radio right now.

Metallicas first bassist Cliff Burton (RIP) had a solo called Anesthesia-pulling teeth. Worth a listen. He played with Metallica on the Kill ‘em all, Ride the lightning, and Master of puppets albums. All those albums are phenomenal.

Ok, long as we on a M/Enter Sandman vibe, here's this concert in Russia in'91. I mean, to be there and live thru that moment, it must have been otherworldly to have these freakin straight up wild men doing rad art the likes of which most of the audience could barely fathom given the authoritarian system they lived in.

This chit actually brought tears to my eyes just taking it all in. F*ck!

If I listened to that very often I'd have to enroll myself in an anger management class.😆

Back