Small filing tip

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey MB, that last post was vintage YOU! :dude:

Hey yo, oldie but goodie thread here.

Anywho I'm posting re filing my power pruner- it's real long and cumbersome so filing the chain attached to the device is a pita, but it is of course possible. Right now, I have the bar and chain off and wondering if anybody has a good way to file a chain by itself or with just the bar. It'd be sweet to file it and then reinstall it rather than mess with the whole thing in one piece.

Pics?

You're talking about a chainsaw on a stick, right? My preferred option would be filing it in the unit. Clamp the end so the stick isn't flopping around. B&C off, I'd clamp in a vice either bought or made, and file on that.

Ha I solved my own question. This works well and is fast n easy

:|:The cooler is my old lunchbox which now serves as the garbage bin for OTJ, my two millennials produce more garbage daily than you can imagine, lots of single use containers!

That is a very cool filing trick. The way my vice is set up on my truck ramp I think I can use exactly that. Good thinking and figuring.

Gary, the weight in the pic was 15lbs, I bumped it up to 20lbs for more chain tension and it worked a treat, as our euro friends might say

Definetly not for one of them. Combination of doesn't know there's a problem and doesn't GAF. Now that I think about it, he's the main culprit.

The other one is more open minded and better about most everthing.

I’m the same way about trash in the trucks. My truck is an unorganized disaster a lot of the time but there is no trash. We figured that most of the worst culprits are the guys who have never really owned a thing. Also the same guys that seem to do a lot more turf damage and flower bed destruction

There is nothing on the dashboard of my truck. Can’t say the same for a friend for whom I contract climb. He always has me drive an older truck and trailer for hauling logs. I couldn’t find my travel coffee mug for a few weeks. A few weeks later I was there again and as I was defrosting the windshield of the old truck I went to move the ‘landfill’ of dashboard trash to get the warm air up to the windshield and saw a telltale orange color. Lucky for me they don’t clean their vehicles often or my favorite mug would be gone forever.

My dash is full of stuff. Several gloves, small wood treasures I've found on jobs, my boss' sun bonnet... Well the sun hat is currently on the floor. I give him a hard time about it. It has a wide brim, and always falls on the floor. When he's in the truck and it falls off, I say "I've got good feelin' about this time. You know what they say, "172nd time's a charm!"".

I also give him a hard time about it generally, and also using the sun visor. "You say you like the sun, but you do everything you can to hide from it. WTF's wrong with you?! You don't even know what you like!" The sun visor's irritating, cause it blocks some of my vision. He tells me you can see under it. I tell him we aren't all 3.5' tall, and peering between the steering wheel and the dash :^D

There's nothing but tree dust on my dash board. Maybe not 6 years worth of it, but coming close. I put there my GPS when it needs to catch its signal again (it's more like "send" than "put", as it tends to get under my skin) and it's free to slide all over the place (thay doesn't upgrade my mood about it !).
The area under the brime is almost full but with a limited amount of well identified things.
Elsewhere is a complete mess. Change cloths, rain gear, some PPE, bottles of iced tea (full and empty), my stock of saussages (up to 12 at times), cereal boxes, bottles of canola oil, 2 electric air pumps, some plastic bags, gloves (new and trashed), glasses, pen, old papers with customer's adress and some other random stuff. It isn't easy to make room when I have to carry a passenger !
I try to keep the trash in a bag between the seats though, mainly saussage's skins and their packages.
One more explanation to match the present state of my van : time to time an open cereal box tips over on the passager's seat and drops part of its contend on the floor. With the dirt, gravel and saw chips here, I won't put it back in the box.=;

@Marc-Antoine What type of sausages do you eat? I ate too many cans of fish and can't eat any more right now. Looking for a new truck friendly protien source. Local made or National brand?

Try biltong. It's like jerky, but better. Aldi sells a reasonably priced version.

Thar's pork rougthly shredded, fat and meat, and partly dryed (about 50% water loss), not the coocked-wet one. I buy the cheap brand at Liddl because I buy a lot and just want the energy and the proteins, quick and easy to eat in the van. I'n not interested in a gastronomic meal., The "good" reputable brands are at least two times more expensive.

I have usually two different sizes, I eat 1/3 of the small one for the breakfast and 1/3 of the bigger one for the lunch. I have to look at the weight. That's good for a whole work day. Add to that plenty of iced tea to fullfil the water's needs

Last edited:
Back