Russian dashboard camera's - a different perspective

Thor's Hammer

Wolfish. Sometimes Bites.
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LrE6C28ON4U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was real good, and unexpected.

Nice one Ed. I saw it a while back, gives you a bit of hope in mankind.8)

I actually found a baby crawling along a usually fairly busy road on Christmas Day afternoon, 1976. Came from a backyard party about a hundred yards away, doesn't take long for them to get away.

I don't get it. So you have this multitude of cars zipping through a crosswalk with an obviously perplexed elderly lady standing in the middle, and one thoughtful person stops to assist her. Good for him and his common sense, but is that something to rejoice over? Makes me sad. Guess I'm looking on the bad side of life....

Nothing new there for me.
My best friend is married to a Russian woman, and has travelled there a lot.
He says Most Russians are friendly, generous people.

Like Americans are, once you get out of the cities.

I think that more Americans stop at crosswalks with people in them, than Russians appear to, but that might be a fine point about the niceties or not within each culture. Weather also seems to have something to do with people's behavior, and a cause for which they can't be blamed. I like to head south where people will more easily take off their clothes. :O

Jay you have been away from the States a long time my friend. You remember the US like I remember England, Polite curteous people. Not here anymore, you will get run down in crosswalks here. I was following an older women here in town in a car and she came up the entry ramp to I64 at like 35 MPH and then without looking tried to merge with traffic. There was bumper to bumper traffic in both lanes and she pulled out in front of a semi doing 75... She got rear ended and her car a 360 across both lanes and she ended up rear ending the fast lane guard rail and then ANOTHER semi ran over the front of her car.... I puled off WAY onto the grass and tried to cross traffic to help her. Can you friggin' believe nobody would slow down to let me cross !! Took me what seemed like forever to get to her, nobody wanted to get stuck behind the crash, they just wanted to get where they were going and frig the biddy who was bleeding to death in the car!! Amazing as it was she seemed relatively unhurt, complete blathering idiot from shock but I guess the car engine had caused the semis wheels to hop over her legs so she was relatively OK. The motor was IN the road with all fluids everywhere, Man it was hot as shit out and her car didn't have any glass left , I didn't have any water with me and it took what seemed forever for the emergency crews to get there. The whole time NOBODY else stooped to offer help.....

People are generally frigged.

No shit, Paul! Wow, that doesn't sound good. I guess a lot can happen in ten years. I generally tell people here that are going to the states to have a vacation, that folks are nice. Wonder what I should tell them? To stay watchful, or something?

Wow! I guess in part that the secret to a happy life is then having friends that you can trust and that share your own sentiments about the social graces. Outside from that, you are likely to find unpleasant to upsetting responses. Wonder what the deal is that changed things so drastically?

You disagree Jay? I'm currently in the states, and for the most part people are really polite and friendly...but yes these are people who are catering for my needs as a tourist. The few ruder people I have bumped into are not there to cater for me in anyway whatsoever and have been just plain ignorant. Earlier today I got back to my hotel......walked through the automatic doors with a 28 bottle pack of water on one shoulder and about 10 carrier bags of shopping in the other hand. There was a group of about 7-8 guys standing right in front of the door and facing my direction....I didn't say excuse me as I approached them beings as they were looking straight at me and any reasonable person would clearly see I needed room to get through...instead I slowed down to give them time to let me through...did they move???? ignorant pricks didn't even attempt to move, so I just barged straight through the middle of them. I have no time for rude ignorant people.

No, Steve, I can't disagree about the states because I haven't been there in so long. When I stop and analyze it for here as well, I certainly liked how people related to each other during earlier days. Maybe I just hoped that the good things that I remember about the states wouldn't change. I think that when I lived in Great Britain, the place was in a state of transition, starting to get more unruly compared to the norms of earlier, at least from what I had heard from friends there. Economy stress is something I attributed it to. I certainly recall some incidents. I couldn't even get some help from the police once when I really needed it....or twice really.

Back