Regarding Covid

Cases are increasing every day here by about 400 per day, over 1000 cases now. Only 3 in hospital which is really the important # and one went there for something else and was tested and came up positive.
What a change from a few months ago where one positive case who escaped quarantine (in a four star hotel, not a camp!) caused the entire south of the state into a three day lockdown.
The vast majority of cases are being managed by a system called 'Covid at home' where 'they' (the big bad socialized medicine juggernaut) give you a smartphone loaded with an app, an oxymeter and a thermometer, You self monitor and report on a schedule determined by how bad your symptoms are and if all is well, after 7-14 days, voila, return to society. If things deteriorate you go to a medi-hotel, then real bad, hospital. Some are opting out because they have only very mild symptoms, yep, its not compulsory. And no bills for tests or treatment.

Lockdowns are a thing of the past, but ironically a lot of tourism and hospitality business and venues which were doing really well lately saw a sharp decline in bookings in the week after the borders opened to vaccinated travelers from Hot Spots and cases started appearing. People either cancelled or deferred events and gatherings as these are places where Covid is spreading. That, and as staff get sick and have to stay away, businesses don't have enough people to staff their operations.

We don't even get told any more where people with Covid have been, unless there is a close contact, which means being in a confined space or residential like setting with a confirmed case for 4 hrs min.

What I don't like is keyboard cowboys spewing misinformation.
I hardly respond to folks who call it a "jab" for that reason.
The info they have is mostly from the internet which we all know can be inaccurate.

And so can the information coming from the top. So much BS from Fauci and his ilk that there are a large number of doctors and scientists, highly knowledgeable experts in their field, that believe this pattern of lies, deceit, and misinformation coming from the governments, medical institutions (the Lancet) and ass media is so complete and overwhelming that the only reasonable explanation is this: there must be a cabal of ruling elites with an agenda that runs counter to the good of mankind, that is able to control and coordinate the pandemic response worldwide to serve their own evil intentions. So many on your side want to call us conspiracy theorists, point the finger and say we're the problem, while there is zero accountability for the lies and misinformation told by Fauci etc. The US gvmt just spent trillions of dollars. How much sense do you have? When there is that kind of money is involved, there is going to huge corruption involved. Do you really think the problem here is with the little guy???

It boggles the mind.

That said, I do have a good friend, a Canadian internist, who was in charge of the covid response team in Regina CA. I would question her from time to time to get a reality check on what she was seeing in her hospital. Her reports were somewhat more in line with the mainstream narrative, but not wholly. Unfortunately, she just retired 12/31/21, so that source is not as strong.

I just talked to my doctor today and he says he never even tried prescribing ivermectin because he's following guidelines and he heard from his group of front-line doctors that it really doesn't work. However, they, JUST AS YOU REPORT, never tried it as an early treatment. Dr. Kory and the FLCC folks have stressed repeatedly, early treatment is crucial. By the time the patient ends up in the hospital, it's too late for ivermectin and other drugs. You got to get this thing early. But f. no.. just send them home to fend for themselves. Do you not question that approach either? How much sense does that make? No recommendations for Vitamin D, C , zinc, selenium, quercetin, etc.

While I applaud any true health care professional and believe 100% that your heart is in the right place, I can't help but think, you are part of the problem. You've been misled by people and institutions you trust and are able to somehow overlook contradictions that should be major red flags. We all do that to a certain extent, some more than others. And we all do it at our peril.

and PS... it's NOT A VACCINE... not by the accepted definition. They had to change the definition to get this thing to become a vaxxine... that's the type of BS that you so easily overlook.

Here's a new Harvard / MIT study that shows that it is possible for mRNA vaxxines to alter DNA:

and for those that are open to the truth, as I see it, listen to this. The rest of you will end up getting what you deserve (we all will).

Cases are increasing every day here by about 400 per day, over 1000 cases now. Only 3 in hospital which is really the important # and one went there for something else and was tested and came up positive.
What a change from a few months ago where one positive case who escaped quarantine (in a four star hotel, not a camp!) caused the entire south of the state into a three day lockdown.
The vast majority of cases are being managed by a system called 'Covid at home' where 'they' (the big bad socialized medicine juggernaut) give you a smartphone loaded with an app, an oxymeter and a thermometer, You self monitor and report on a schedule determined by how bad your symptoms are and if all is well, after 7-14 days, voila, return to society. If things deteriorate you go to a medi-hotel, then real bad, hospital. Some are opting out because they have only very mild symptoms, yep, its not compulsory. And no bills for tests or treatment.

Lockdowns are a thing of the past, but ironically a lot of tourism and hospitality business and venues which were doing really well lately saw a sharp decline in bookings in the week after the borders opened to vaccinated travelers from Hot Spots and cases started appearing. People either cancelled or deferred events and gatherings as these are places where Covid is spreading. That, and as staff get sick and have to stay away, businesses don't have enough people to staff their operations.

We don't even get told any more where people with Covid have been, unless there is a close contact, which means being in a confined space or residential like setting with a confirmed case for 4 hrs min.
Amazing, most of us have been able to 'self monitor' all by ourselves without government supervision for our entire lives. I would blow my brains out if I had to live there.

Able and willing or just able?

I always thought we did a terrible job at protecting other people from our germs.

Showing up at work sick, powering through it, Presentee-ism, because...

Kids sent to school sick because...

College students showing up to class sick because...

Strange, to me too many people frequently seem self- centered. Maybe it's their selfish actions.

So if we get the "sniffles" we should all stay home now?
If you have a contagious disease, you should make a point not to spread it.

How much "right" to infect people would you like?

I lose when i get sick from other people's decisions.

For example, two parents who work well-paying jobs, at least one for the state government, go to work germy, sending their kids to my daughter's school (we paid a bunch for her to go to private school two years, due to various things) with lots of big green snots dribbling out of her nose.
Reasonable or selfish?

When i don't go to work to take care of my sick kid, who catches it at school, nobody gives me squat.

How much blood would be reasonable drip around a school or work place?

So if we get the "sniffles" we should all stay home now?

If you work for me, you better.

I've told everybody that you don't get a gold star for coming to work sick, infecting the boss, who has a faulty immune system and killing him.

Everybody understood that one ok.:lol:

Be happy you work for yourself, the rest of the world has zero tolerance for people coming in sick now. I know of guys who got fired over trying to come in sick, at this point i could see a contractor getting kicked off a project for that. Shutting a job down over personal greed/stupidity is just completely unacceptable. They had several large jobs all over the country that were forced to shut down over covid outbreaks, and most facilities are completely over "rights". They've stopped where I'm at now but for awhile (over a year) they took everyone's temp before you were even allowed on the jobsite. Tons of people are still working remotely, and the larger employers simply will no longer tolerate losing money over preventable disease and idiots spreading it at work. They aren't forcing us to be vaccinated here, but almost everyone is.

I always thought we did a terrible job at protecting other people from our germs.

Remember back in the day, when some runny nosed rugrat would forcibly blow all over the entire birthday cake? Looking back, it now strikes me as pretty disgusting really.

Be happy you work for yourself, the rest of the world has zero tolerance for people coming in sick now. I know of guys who got fired over trying to come in sick, at this point i could see a contractor getting kicked off a project for that. Shutting a job down over personal greed/stupidity is just completely unacceptable. They had several large jobs all over the country that were forced to shut down over covid outbreaks, and most facilities are completely over "rights". They've stopped where I'm at now but for awhile (over a year) they took everyone's temp before you were even allowed on the jobsite. Tons of people are still working remotely, and the larger employers simply will no longer tolerate losing money over preventable disease and idiots spreading it at work. They aren't forcing us to be vaccinated here, but almost everyone is.
Tell me how you can work remotely? Tell me how the poor bastard who is working, kid at home, mortgage, car payment, and 5 sick days a year can stay home for 10 days get the heck out of here.

I obviously can't work remotely, but the place I'm working at has at least half the workforce still working from home (mostly engineers and other professional jobs). If you can't afford to stay home sick for a week or 2 then you aren't living right, and should probably quit that low paid miserable job. My point was most people here work for themselves with very few employees, working outside in residential settings, and covid isn't that big of a deal. In construction, chemical, power plant, and manufacturing this is a big deal, and it's treated as such.

Living within ones means and having an emergency fund are rare things today but they shouldn't be.
I totally agree, unfortunately that's not reality for most working folks. And as to 09s point, your typical labor dog isn't going to have 10 days sick time....but they have rent due. And while 09 can still produce without that labor he's not going to make the same money for his employer.

What about all the people that one guy might infect? How many people's families and rents/ mortgages and car payments should get jeopardized?

Sorry for the one guy.

10 times or more for the 10 people he may infect.

Last edited:
Brian, what part of 'its your choice' for uptake of 'Covid at home' did you not understand?
Perspective is an odd thing, as well as the filters of people's experience and culture.

Back