Regarding Covid

Protests in a state 90% double vaccinated. Where the protesters were erecting gallows and hanging politicians in effigy,
It's localized. Life goes on fairly normally for most of us. The border restrictions are easing as vaxx rates climb, heading towards life with Covid as the norm instead of Covid elimination.
The pregnant mum incident was about a year ago.
They don't 'scan your phone', you scan a QR code app so if a case pops up you can see where you've been in case of exposure, and the health dep can ping you. It clears every month. There is No facial recognition. If you don't want to use the QR code or you don't have a phone you can use the manual check in, good old pen and paper, and put whatever you want if you were so inclined.
To travel to the US I would need to be double vaxxed to enter and have a negative pre flight test... your rules, so...pot/kettle

Last edited:
Scott, I did not say limited intelligence.
I'd never do that.
Except, Murphy is a border line case, I think.

I said lack of historical knowledge.

Read up on how the citizens of DDR were treated and how the English populated Australia, and then call me wrong.

Steal a loaf of bread and you were off to down under.
Mr. B posted a video of Australia’s protests. I don’t have time for such nonsense as protesting. I have to work for a living. But they obviously feel the government has overstepped its bounds in the Covid nonsense, and so are protesting. As to whether or not Australia is becoming a “police state”, it depends on perspective I suppose. If you’re used to being “free”, and suddenly the government is tracking your every move, it would seem like a police state. Like a guy I heard talking about Viet Nam…he said “war” or “conflict” depended on where you were at the time.

Nope, restrictions are why we have had so few deaths. Now there are vaccines and 'the pills' they are more willing to open up again.
Funny thing, they didn't want thousands of people to die before there were viable medical options rather than let 'er rip.

Ps, replying to Mellow

If google is correct and your population is 25,000,000…and there have been fewer than 2000 Covid deaths, doesn’t sound like much of an issue.

Its not that Covid is not an issue, the issue is we have so few deaths as a result of limiting the spread by the restrictions.
Restrictions that are being removed one by one as vaccine rates rise and treatments improve and methods for living with Covid afford some level of protection for all.
Thousands are struggling to recover from Covid still, they didn't die, but can't function as they once did.

Things not looking real good around here lately.

sparse/delayed ambulance availability

E room hallways filling up with patients in cots & recliners.

Number of acute cases their seeing is on sharp rise. Not only from virus, but due to delayed treatment of those not wanting to be around the medical facilities as well.

Some are surely for that reason.
People have left many types of jobs in record numbers for many reasons that were their own individual choice.

Travel nurses make huge money compared to regular staff for example.

Many simply quit the business for various reasons: exposure, hours, pay, violence, etc.

Tonight they announced boat-load of schools closed here all next week due to the number of sick kids.

Guess our area is leading the nation on new covid cases right now, plus there is flu and another respiratory thing going around.

“People have left many types of jobs in record numbers for many reasons that were their own individual choice.”

Yeah, like the choice not to have poison injected in them.

Tonight they announced boat-load of schools closed here all next week due to the number of sick kids.

Guess our area is leading the nation on new covid cases right now, plus there is flu and another respiratory thing going around.
Y’all gots the flu? Covid wiped it out around here! Seriously, I did a job for a local doctor back in the spring and he said he hadn’t seen a single case of the flu this (last) season.

That’s because Covid 19 was supposed to be the flu but “they” F’d up and made one a little too strong. So they could not call it the flu.

Great vid! (I have my helmet on…rock-chunking can commence now…) That she is affiliated with Warrior Poet Society is a plus.

A new variant; B.1.1.529 is vaccine resistant and highly contagious.
More doom and gloom, yet hope for a new latest and greatest vaccine booster rocket?

edit: this public service announcement is not a hamster or damper on anyone's Black Friday festivities. . . but perhaps increase your social distance from 6' to 19' away from any friends returning from Botswana.
and wash yer hands you filthy animal.

Last edited:
Back