Rear Mount Bucket ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got the specs on that truck.

1993 Ford F800 Bucket truck with a 8.3 Cummins turbo engine, 5 speed transmission with a 2 speed rearend, truck is a flatbed, has a front bumper winch, cab protector, good tires, truck was owned by a power company, 153,000 miles, serviced every 400 hours, Runs and Drives well.

Boom: High Ranger over center boom, 56' working height, pistol grip controls, one man bucket,

Think I'll keep looking. I hear the cummins don't like cold, more miles than I'd like, and I'm not sure of just one set of outriggers.

Nothing wrong with cummins, specially the bigger engine. That will certainly be a cdl truck though

I wouldn't worry about the Cummins either. The 6BTA5.9C in our Samsung loader starts great in cold weather. It is just a smaller version of that vintage 8.3 in the truck. All diesel engines appreciate being plugged in during cold weather.;)

Ignore the mileage, your hour meter will be a much better indicator of engine usage. My truck only has 75K miles (had 50K when I bought it) but I'm closing in on 11000 hours. It had about 7000 hours when I got it and that was high for the age of the truck. I looked for leaks and didn't see any but that's because the truck sat for over a year on the lot. I've spent a fortune keeping on top of this truck and would have probably done it differently if I could have a do-over, but I'm still far and away much better off with the truck than without it.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's ok to buy a less than perfect truck the first time around so you have something to learn with. Then let that truck earn you enough money to buy a much better one the second time. Heck, I may end up going for #3 in a couple years and it will be better than my first two. Or I may just keep this one until the electrical system completely craps out and then just set it on fire wherever it happens to quit on me.

Where's more pictures? It could certainly be worth it, I don't care for the spoke wheels for certain, however.

Not sure, he's not much of a salesmen. I called last week, said he'd call me Sunday because he didn't know anything about it. Never called. I called Tuesday, left a message. Never called. I happened to take another peak at the ad, it was updated with that info. Still never called. I asked for more pictures, interior, engine, etc. Nothing yet either.

8796747.jpg

3305245.jpg

7991216.jpg

I wouldn't worry about the single set of outriggers, B. The price sounds about right- sight unseen, of course.

If it's still cert'ed that's pretty whoop ass. The only downside is the damn spoke wheels. I've never owned a truck with them, don't really want to either.

Sure but I don't have any issues with mine. I don't mess with tires that big, get a flat, make a call. Tires getting worn, go to tire shop. Same rate either way.

Drive it up for me, Carl. :P

I'm going to mull it over a bit. I was thinking if the truck went kaput I can always have it remounted on a new chassis I'd assume.

I don't know, to much at once right now for me.:banghead:

How does a two speed rear work? I've never been in a truck with one.

Do you go through the first 5 on the stick, then switch the rear and drop down to first on the stick? Or do you split each gear with the rear? Clueless in that department.

Split each gear on the rear, if you like. Or just leave it in HI and drive normally.

Hauling loaded, do the former method...empty, do the latter.

Edit...I guess this truck stays the same weight all the time :|:.

So in the steeps, do the former, in the flats do the latter :D.

We mostly just use it as an extra gear at the top end. Ratios are close enough we don't need to split gears

Ditto what Willie said. Leave it in low and just use high as an 'overdrive' gear at the top. Or if it's easier, just leave it in high and save low range for tight, difficult spots. All depends on your gearing and available power.

Cool, thanks.

Got a call today, the guy forgot to mention to me someone was working on getting a loan for the truck. So it's sold.

Back