Premium gas

Guess I have to check my tuning on all my 2 strokes now... I just switched over to 100LL avgas. No ethanol.
Running it a little rich with mix too. :/:
Another good point of av gas is the lead in it is a lubricant giving a little extra protection against lean seizure. Only bad point is not so good for your lungs.

Willard.

My dad used to run avgas gas in his 69 442 4 speed he bought new. I just remember the dual tail pipes always being white.

They only super gas I ever ran was Sunoco 260 in my '59 Poncho if I ran it at the strip and Cam II in my Harley chopper every so often . Some of the guys ran av gas in the hotrods back then .

Now they ran the kart engines on the stuff all time but it was laced with nitro methane and castor oil . Probabley not something the average person would do on a chainsaw .

Something my cousin might do..... Not me... :lol:
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mVDl0ovNR7Y?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mVDl0ovNR7Y?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Looking back it probabley was a sham .Supposedly it had a custom mix thing built into the pumps which mixed the grade ,It reality knowing what I know now it most likely wasn't what it appeared to be .Between grades 190 and 260 there might have been 7 cents a gallon in 1966 if that .That was back in the days of 27 cents a gallon for regular though . Sun Oil Company I think still makes racing fuels but I haven't seen a gas station locally in years .

I'm going on my second tank of ethanol free reg gas and I swear I seem to get better MPG, and maybe even better engine performance.

You should most likely see at least a slight increase in milage Butch .It takes something like 40 percent more ethanol than straight gas to get the same power .

Long time ago in a different life with a former wife her Olds 442 got about 2 more MPG on a trip using premium .That engine was 10.75 to 1 compression ratio though and spark knocked pretty badly on some lesser grades of regular gas .I had to keep my lead foot out of it depending on the fuel in the tank at the time .Nice factory hot rod ,just fussy about the fuel it drank .

We still have Sunoco stations here. I think they do still make 260. I remember the selector dial on the pump for the different octanes.

Thats funny, I was talking to one of my younger employees last summer, about fuel pumps, I remember the flip 'switch' and the little glass bulb with the balls floating in it as the gas flowed. Thats only 20 years of fueling cars, I wonder what the pumps will look like in another 20 years? Thats assuming we dont run out of the stuff before then of course.

Ethanol doesn't have as much energy as gas, so mileage does go down. The whole ethanol deal smelled like crapola from the git-go to me. Subsidies are what keeps it flying.

Meanwhile, we're all paying higher prices for food, too.

Meanwhile, we're all paying higher prices for food, too.

Just seen on the news food is getting ready to take another giant leap in prices. Wages keep going down and prices keep going up. I think mine met in the middle 2 years ago and now I'm on the losing end.

Even though I had my best year last year with wages lower, I put lot more hours in the last 4 months of year to do so.

I run premium simply because I have fewer vapor lock issues in hot weather that way. I have been told that the issue isn't octane but "10% rate" (evaporative volatility). Whatever. I don't care why I just prefer avoiding problems and the premium fuels help. Our last non-ethanol station can't get it anymore so everywhere in town sells adulterated fuel. If I have trouble this summer I'll drive out to the airport and try to buy avgas. Otherwise I'll stick with the convenience of premium pump gas.

Wages keep going down and prices keep going up. I think mine met in the middle 2 years ago and now I'm on the losing end.
I think that's pretty much the universal feeling .It was I think about two years ago my income was basically cut in half because of a down turn in automotive .

It happened to a lot of people but prices never went down and the government cries like broke dick dogs because they lack tax revenue .:what:

Airport just cut me off on 100LL. The lady in there today knew me and said NO MORE for you !
I might try the boss man on Wed. or find some racing fuel :/:

Try a speed shop for Sunoco 260. I can not see what her problem would be. Unless she thought you were using it on the street. Not paying the road use tax.

Back