460 gas leak

That's the flippy cap? I think an Oring should fix it. It's a cheap trial in any case. If you use corn gas, it can be hard on polymers, and stuff like Orings will wear out/fail faster.

On my little Dodge I'll get a yellow light , mechanic with the magic code reader says you need a new gas cap. Okay , done ... next time it happened I just push on the O ring all around to re seat it , same result light goes off.

I replace the o-ring time to time when needed. I bought 10 of them at once to not have to put an order just for that.. Same for the oil tank.
Some times, the leak is just due to a wood chip or something stuck here, but more often, beside some compatibility problem with the gas, it's just wear and you can see the flatness on the outside of the o-ring.. There isn't much margin between a too tight or too loose O-ring.
The Stihl dealer near me sells only the whole cap, of course, more money in the pocket. He got me once, Internet since.

@Al Smith
IIRC, Al knew what was the specific size for O- rings on at least one model gas cap.
That was for the 200T and it was 23x 3 .What happens is the o-ring becomes stiff and to try to compress it breaks the cap .The ethanol content of the gasoline causes that .Just recently I ordered 10 complete after market cap sets because I broke both caps on two 200T's which I don't use those saws that much .What size a 460 would use I have no idea but a little trip to google land might be worth the time .It will be on the internet some place and my book of Stihl IPL's doesn't go that new of saws .

I might add to the above late this last fall worked on two consumer grade Husqvarna saws of below 50 CC .Those flip caps are a much better design those used by Stihl in my opinion .

WTH is wrong with a simple screw on cap? If you fill the oil up on a Stihl you have to drain some out to get the cap on. More surface on cap to pick up dirt with. Lots of down sides. What, to save a few flicks of the wrist to tighten up a cap? Engineers!! Got to make it look like they are brilliant.

Working on modern vehicles it seems like AC is the last thing they stuff in. I changed an alternator last week. The bottom bolt was only accessible with a box end wrench. With about 1 inch of turn. AC in the way. My cars oil filter access is blocked by AC accumulator, from the top and underneath. My older vehicle, same exact engine, no problem. New one had a bunch of wires running right next to the oil filter also. Had to zip tie those out of the way. No thought for routine maintenance operations. Changing some alternators is a major operation. Hours worth.

Back