Pants

I don't pay $48 for them for sure! The going rate around here at Carhartt dealers is $~$34. I find them at thrift stores for less than $10, occasionally. I bought two pair off eBay a couple weeks ago for $45/2 pair/free shipping. They're the toughest pants I've ever worn. And they LAST!

Just blue jeans for me .Lawd I must have thirty pair .

Clothes to me are kind of like beer .I haven't bought either in years but I always have some on hand .Seems the women I attract like to mother me or something .I'm not complaining .;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well I got my tech pants in yesterday, and trimmed a big Red Oak today. These pants are fantastic! They are cool, its in the 90s here. They are easy to move in, and comfortable. Thanks for steering me to them. Anyone looking for some great pants has got to get some of these.

khakis = cotton = hot hot hot

cotton + sweat = chafing = major discomfort

$100 is money well spent. About to buy another pair so I can have one in the laundry bin and another to wear for a few days.

I have been alternately wearing two pairs of the arborwear tech pants for about a year and I find them good in cool, cold, wet, warm and windy conditions, not great in high heat but in my job I can wear shorts and I do happily, for all 5 days this year that have been sunny and over 20C lol

Rub it in Paul. I went thru 3 pairs of clothes yesterday.... Gold bond and bottled water companies shouldn't go out of business this year!!!

My thing is I spend at least 50% of my waking time working, well usually.. So if a $100 pair of pants makes that time more enjoyable or tolerable than thats a no brainer. Now if that $100 is a bad investment and isnt lasting thats another thing.

As far as Arcterex goes I know their stuff has always been top notch, but when they moved a big portion of their production from Canada to China, the quality dropped big time. At least in the rock climbing and backpacking products.

IMO the synthetics may work for guys in generally cooler climates, even in their 'hot' season. But in the muggy South they feel like you're wearing a plastic bag. They are sticky and don't breathe well at all compared to cotton. You're going to sweat regardless of what pants you're wearing but cotton still breathes once it's wet. The tech pants' lack of porosity really shows itself when they become drenched with sweat.

I've tried many times wearing synthetics over the years and always go back to cotton. I won't wear a hat, either. Hats block airflow around your head and cook your brain.

Yeah- you're flat out wrong on this one skwerl. Or perhaps your body reaction with cotton and synthetic is not congruent with what everyone else experiences. But cotton gets wet faster and stays wet longer.

I prefer to wear cotton and do so about 60% of the year. But when the temps get to 85 or more, out come the synthetic pants and underwear.

I hate the feel of synthetic shirts, though. I can't wear them. While they ARE wet, they feel sticky. Now- they will be dry very quickly during a break, but I still prefer to wear wet cotton and just change my shirt throughout the day.

love
nick

I switched to merino wool boxers this year. That has made a huge differene in comfort level when sweating gallons an hour. They make the tech pants feel less clammy. The single best option wihthe tech pants is they dry incredibly fast. Cotton shirts or pants stay soaked all day long. Good way to get a full body heat rash.

Dri release shirts have been only synthetic shirts I've really liked. They don't cling when drenched. And a good breeze will dry them up pretty quick.

I just wear wet shirts. I've come to the conclusion there's no getting out of it for me.

As to wearing no hat, I can't stand it. I've got lotsa gray sneaking in on me, but there's still enough of the black to draw the heat. I've already wished I'd bought a white Roc instead of red. I was afraid folks would mistake me for Carl....I'll get white next time regardless. Even if it means having to wear a name tag.:D

for our warmer weather and medium humidity, wicking poly shirts are the bomb. Hat wise I am not much of a fan but if I do wear one its a full brim with breathing holes, mostly the army style boonie hat. To be honest I am much more of a rainwear and long underwear expert lol.

I've got just enough stuff here to make do for a few months, one pair of old tech trousers, one pair of work weight cotton work trousers and my new chainsaw trousers for those times they are needed...I way prefer the tech trousers, but the pockets are coming off, there is a bit of a hole by the knee, the velcro is gone, they are faded and thin, but still more comfortable than the cotton in the heat! I don;t find them clammy or sticky at all.
Only thing is they are really a bit scruffy for some work sites...I really need to get some new ones.

In Tas when sweat is not a problem, anything will do really for the times when you don't have to wear chainsaw trousers, they have some pretty amazing styles of work trousers, reinforced knees, pockets everywhere, different weights etc, etc.

translated:

Made with Xara © Filature.ca Powered by QuebecHosting.biz Our pants are certified and compliant with CAN / BNQ 1923-450-M91 Spinning L'Isle- Verte specializes in making garments safe for work since 1920 Tel. : (418) 898-2050 Fax.: (418) 898-3522 Toll Free Canada / USA Tel. :1-800-463-1392 Fax. :1-888-901-3522

Made of poly-cotton with 6-ply Kevlar The protective element to remove and replace easily with a zipper and velcro. Becomes short pants. offer a more comfortable after work

at least according to the Google translator....Marc-Antoine could do better.

Back