quick questions: communication systems and chainsaw pants

cashstore

Treehouser
I'm familiar with the Sena system. but the price: goddam!

has anyone used a cheaper alternative? I see options on Amazon for Bluetooth communications systems for motorcycle riders, has all the 'parts' a Sena has, without the price. all I want anyway is the walkie talkie feature so I don't have to yell across the neighborhood... don't even care about sharing music or taking calls. suggestions?

looking for a pair of chainsaw safe pants while aloft. tried on cloggers and defender at a store. both say class c protection. but when you feel them, there is MUCH more material in the front than the back. is this standard in all pants rated class C? or asking the same question another way, exactly what the 'f' do class A pants have on the back of the legs if these are class C. pantyhose?

yes, I get it, unlikely to cut the back of your calf. but just wondering if I'm missing something.

thanks guys

Senas will pay for themself in productivity, alone, quickly, without regarding the safety factor. Being able to have conversations/ clear planning/ instructing/ communicating, maybe even tell jokes to lighten the mood, when the time is right, is great.

Senas are very durable.
You might just get what you pay for, both ways.

Class A's have an extended width of protection on the left inside of the lower leg, then nothing in the very back. Just enough to protect when a saw pulls your trousers to the side it you hit them...in theory. So yeah, just the nylon outer on the back of type As....
Clogger do have sawpants with wraparound lower leg protection, sort of an enhanced A, but not a full C which goes up to your butt cheeks in the back.

Back