Official Guns Thread

That kind of pisses me off :^D I have to have sign for my tobacco. Well, I'm supposed to anyway. That kind of got put to the wayside with covid, and it probably depends on how much the driver cares. I haven't ordered in awhile. I'm hoping to score a deal around black friday, and put in a decent order. I absolutely don't need anything, but the government likes dicking up my game, so I try to keep my freezer full.

That kind of pisses me off :^D I have to have sign for my tobacco. Well, I'm supposed to anyway. That kind of got put to the wayside with covid, and it probably depends on how much the driver cares. I haven't ordered in awhile. I'm hoping to score a deal around black friday, and put in a decent order. I absolutely don't need anything, but the government likes dicking up my game, so I try to keep my freezer full.
Then you would absolutley adore the two finger tear holes in a corner of about 90 percent of my packages that come USPS. just enough to peek in, feel around or send in a scope to check it out.

Then you would absolutley adore the two finger tear holes in a corner of about 90 percent of my packages that come USPS. just enough to peek in, feel around or send in a scope to check it out.
Haha, that's funny, what kind of packages are you getting! Mine are friggin destroyed from poor packaging and rough handling.

They mostly "peek" into electronics, WesSpur, and my truck parts. Looking for something shiny I guess. :/:
They often dont look man handled too bad. Just tore enough to get a couple fingers in at a corner.

Yes and no...I'm left eye dominant and shoot rifle, shotgun, bow left handed (which is natural to me) but prefer right handed for pistol shooting. I'm right handed overall though. I was just curious about the mag release.

Last edited:

What do you plan on using the Pistol for?

I don't like Glocks but I don't own a pistol for self defence. Glock is probably the best service pistol ever made, but that means its not a good choice for other uses.

9 mm is a great caliber for all-around use. It's relatively inexpensive so you can practice a lot without spending a lot. I jumped on the Glock bandwagon at first but jumped off soon afterward. They're ok but I prefer higher end guns like Kimber, Sig, and Para Ordinance.

I have a question, from one with a very low level of experience with pistols.

I have only a very elderly .32 S&W 5 shot double action wheel pistol. It presents a very smooth body and a small handle. Easy to carry and easy to draw.

I see the large stabilizing spur on the handle of the Kimbers and now this Para Ordinance. I suppose I can see the potential advantage for a strong grip...but does that not get in the way of drawing/handling?

I'll need more info to properly answer your query, Stephen...like I said, I have little experience with pistol arcana.

Just because I managed to skillfully shoot a hole in the bottom of my boat through the head of a water moccasin, does not mean I know what I'm doing with a pistol, beyond that little Ruger .22 semiauto. That one, I had moderately well in hand ;).

This old .32 wheel gun is unlikely to happily fire modern high grade rounds, from what I can gather from my internet poking about. I inherited a halfish box of .32 rounds with the pistol. I think the S&W is from the 1930's. No idea about the rounds' age, likely not as old as the pistol, but not near young either...but I fired several off in test 10 or so years ago, and had no misfires.

Sad, I'll own it :D.

It's uglier than sin, Stephen. Old pitted rust bucket of a firearm; I've cleaned and oiled it, kept it so, so that it isn't getting worse...but it'll never get pretty either :).

I got it from my father, who got it from his father. My grandfather was a renowned ornithologist, in the 1930's through the 1970's. Traveled the world after birds.

This .32 pistol was in his inside jacket pocket in England, France, Belgium, Germany, Poland, Romania, Yugoslavia. Then Cuba, Mexico, all of the Central American nations.

It is more an heirloom than a true home defense firearm...but I know it works, and I keep it in my bedside table drawer.

It would take me half a minute or so to get the shotgun out from the closet and load it...the older than dirt .32 is 5 seconds away from my hand.

Last edited:
I have a question, from one with a very low level of experience with pistols.

I have only a very elderly .32 S&W 5 shot double action wheel pistol. It presents a very smooth body and a small handle. Easy to carry and easy to draw.

I see the large stabilizing spur on the handle of the Kimbers and now this Para Ordinance. I suppose I can see the potential advantage for a strong grip...but does that not get in the way of drawing/handling?

I think the "Spur " your talking about is called a "Beaver Tail" of all things.

It has a few functions,it helps prevent the slide hurting your hand as it recoils,should you have choked up on the gun (taken a higher incorrect grip),it prevents the pistol slipping in grip after multiple shots and then the slide biting your hand,it is also a kind of lever that helps prevent muzzle flip as the frame of the gun now has a contact point with your hand directly under the bore axis.

I think the "Spur " your talking about is called a "Beaver Tail" of all things.

It has a few functions,it helps prevent the slide hurting your hand as it recoils,should you have choked up on the gun (taken a higher incorrect grip),it prevents the pistol slipping in grip after multiple shots and then the slide biting your hand,it is also a kind of lever that helps prevent muzzle flip as the frame of the gun now has a contact point with your hand directly under the bore axis.
Yessir, I can easily visualize all the benefits you point out. Thanks.

Back