Official animal thread!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hmm. Hoping for a favorable outcome.

We've got 4 cats. 2 indoor/outdoor and 2 outdoor(barn). Well this morning my wife says to me 'someone spilled red paint on the deck'. Ummm no, that's frozen blood. 3 cats accounted for and one MIA. Seems like to much blood to be from something one of them killed, but maybe. No trail leading off anywhere. It's got me kinda stumped?

It's one of the indoor cats that's missing. She kinda got her nose outta joint with the new pup and has been outside a lot more. I hope she turns up.

Maybe an owl? It would explain the no sign/trace.

Not often do any type of ground predators come around here with my big boys.

I hate to think of her getting plucked off my front porch while probably waiting to come in. She was my sweetest cat. Real friendly and easy going. Youngest too.

I'm sure they are. This cat was the smallest too. I still hope to maybe find her alive and well. Gonna go do some more investigating.

All kitty's safe and accounted for. Blood on deck still unaccounted for? Odd to me. Often the cats will bring home their kills(mostly field mice). But when they do there's never this much blood, not even close and there would be the sacrificial offering left. Usually a decapitated carcass. Cats are badass lol.

Yup. She showed up late yesterday. Musta took a walkabout because of the new pup. She hates him.

Salamander I fished out of my brother in laws pool. Put it in the sun to warm up a bit. Strange, slow, primitive beasts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 37
That thing is wild looking! No sallymanders like that in these parts.

I had a salamander once. He was quite a character. Salamanders tame quite well and will sit up and beg like a puppy when it is feeding time.

I know very little about them, but that sounds interesting, I suspect they're not too bright, they seem to like the warm Tarmac after a rainfall which isn't the smartest move!

Glad your cat is safe.

Butch, are you talking about the vid where the eagle grabbed the deer and threw it off the cliff? That was pretty insane.

I've seen that, smart move. No, the one I'm talking about they're on flat ground and the eagle is on the deer's shoulders.

Back