Official animal thread!

Get a backhoe.
:lol:

I have the mini :D
Dump only charges 15 dollars anyway... And I have friends with back hoes to help out if needed :)

Joel, I agree. I grew up riding horses. My step dad used to punch cattle up here as a teen. Skiddy Kansas is all family, horses, cattle and farming.. Lilly is the only one that has not ridden a horse as yet :)

Never buy an old plug that was used in rodeo barrel racing. if you do, be prepared for unprovoked sudden sharp left turns. Seriously....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The golden nugget my wife's horse should make a full recovery we hope just some scarring to both him and my wallet. He's isolated at this point but close enough to the other horses to not be stressed. I just hope the stitching holds.

Damn Stephen that feed sounds expensive I sell hay for 6.50 a bale grass alfalfa mix. It costs me 2.50 a bale to have a farmer make it from my field. So for me I feed 3 to 4 horses and two mini asses. And I come out slightly ahead after paying the farmer. Of course that's without factoring in what buying the land costs.

My wife is just starting to rope off him this year. No barrel racing here. Although my kid does mess around with the pattern for fun.

We harvest our grasses for the critters... But. We live in an area with a short grass season. Cow you would need 10 acre per head and still have to supplement with alfalfa.

I can't believe they don't use glue or staples along with the stitching.

If I get a chance ill ask the vet about that. A friend of ours was there for the whole thing he figured about 15 stitches to join the muscle back up and 30 to 40 for the skin. He helped hold the skin back while the vet worked in the muscle.

One of these....
Single_Speed_Power_Scythe_BCS615A.jpg

And/Or one of these .....
FS250.jpg

Rake and serve.....

V, it could almost be. The horse was in California though, named Shammy. Odd, never turned right unprovoked, only left. You can be slightly prepared if you know which way it might go, but if it could be either, no way.

I like how pigs like their backs to be scratched, preferably with a stiff rake, lol!

Pigs seem to have a pretty good pecking order going in the pen, or maybe it is just the boss and all the others are underlings. Someone is raising some nearby and I sometimes like to go see them. Feeding time really brings out selfishness, the one won't let anybody else eat until it is completely satisfied. A rock into it's butt will make it scamper off a bit so others can get a chnace, but then it comes right back and immediately gets pissed off and chases the others away. I'd hate to be a pig.

Back