Official animal thread!

squisher

THE CALM ONE!!!!
Other than dogs. I tried looking up my old horse thread but had no luck. Lets see pics of what critters you got other than dogs, cause they've already got their own thread. My new (two weeks) horse. Charlie is a perch/quarter horse cross. The gentle giant a true husband horse. Lol. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373823063.663774.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's what I'm talking 'bout. Cats are cool. We've got four around now ill try to grab a pic when I can. Without cats here we'd be overrun with vermin. Our hay has not a chewed string or a mouse crap in it. Winter before this last I had to buy a few bails off a neighbor because we sold to many and they don't have cats. Well they sure had mice!

I like dogs 100 times better, but when my last dog died after 16 years it about killed me. Now I stick with a couple of cats and when they're gone I think I'll be done with (the HAIR everywhere) cats. I'd like to have a dog again someday, but for now I enjoy my neighbors dogs - they love me... I keep a tupperware container full of Beggin' Strips in my truck.

Haha, damn straight they do. One of them even smiles, it's so silly looking. Those Beggin' Strips come in handy OTJ, too. I can silence the barkingest of dogs with a couple of those!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_ng08sHphA4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Those goats are cute. I'd have goats again if I had the space. Very economically advantageous if you use the milk, what you get out from what you put in, which is why they are popular in poor regions.

Well. Looking like my new horse is lame. Old injury the vet figures, chronic. Some tough choices to make in the next week or so. Nicest horse I've ever met. Seriously. Ground tie, patient, cold blooded, no vices. Seemed to good to be true so probably is. The seller will take him back, so that's how it's looking. I wish my wife had had a x-ray done. Was trailered to a vet to confirm lameness.

I'm an animal lover and not a real cowboy so its not easy for me. I feel more than obligated to insure that this horse isn't mistreated.

Sucks if I can't ride him. I can't see keeping him. I'm considering trail wring him in for a x-ray. I can't believe it wasn't done?

Not alot. Auction. Meat possibly/probably.

Or buried in the ground. I'll see how this plays out. I wasn't able to talk to the vet yet.

I won't be letting him walk the line so to speak.

Lame is a generic term for any horse that isn't moving right or has some ailment. This horses is in his fetlock. I've ridden him a handful of times but the vet said today not to ride him. I haven't ridden him since I determined he was possibly lame.

Sucks for him. A x-ray could've helped determine what is actually wrong with him.

Yah so I'll be having an x-ray done to nice of a horse to give up on easily. Could fit the bill still. I'm not looking to ride a lot I just need a cold horse who's up for weekends.

Yes good luck with it.

I was just reading about Molly a few days ago, she got lucky. The story is here:http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/molly.asp

molly1.jpg

Well. Charlie's future is looking very uncertain. Lower ringbone at 9. The long story short is he doesn't have much of a future I think. Haven't spoken directly to the vet myself yet.

Back