O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Gary, you could get a job being a safety overseer during astronaut training when they try to simulate weightlessness doing tasks in a pool. Couldn't ask for clearer water either. Maybe it would lack adventure?

Hahah...I would love to do that but I'm sure there are a lot of Navy guys in front of me for that. Not real close to home either. Good thought, though.

Good stuff, Gary.

I like the Vertex Vent for tree work but have you ever wondered about if a sturdy prong of just the right diameter and length came thru the vents with force, that would really suck, and doesn't seem that implausible. Same thing underwater would stink, too.

I should go back to the unvented version.

I have wondered about that...it does make another place for something to snag or poke through. We don't usually end up in trees underwater but I have a couple of times -- last time was in a 30 foot deep area at the base of a bridge...the bridge had acted as a strainer for whole trees that washed down in the flood. They were not visible from the surface but when I descended to recover our stuck anchor I encountered a twisted mess of trees about 10 feet down..lots of limbs were suddenly everywhere. I'm gonna talk to the team commander about solid surface helmets and drill small vent holes in them to let air out (buoyant helmet puts aggravating pressure on the head).

My goals this year are to focus/improve the business side of my work and increase the effectiveness and reach of my advertising. In keeping with that, here is my HP color laser printer/copier/scanner, and my iPad Air with mobile internet. The mobile internet was originally for Jobber, but I'm starting an online store so it will be handy for that as well!

Funny story on the internet... it's through AT&T, $40 for 4GB/month, no contract, upgrade/downgrade any time. I tried to get the account under my new EIN number. They wanted $1000 as a deposit, on a $40/month post-pay plan with no contract! :? I ran it under my personal credit with no deposit.

IMG_4908.jpg

The new EIN has no credit history and a week old, $75k loan... that's why they wanted a deposit. How they came up with $1k is beyond me!

Got the ripper in for the excavator today. I figure it will get used removing stumps and trees the most. Some perhaps on demolition, and if I ever run into blue rock I should be able to rip it for excavation. This makes 5 attachments for the excavator! Maybe the next will be a grapple!

IMG_9922 copy.jpg

Yah I was following your other thread. A real good deal those look like. I'd love to have been getting one. My Ramrod is getting pretty abused, won't be to long until I'm in the market. Maybe this year.

The 30+hp machines won't be around much longer. From what I understand, Vermeer has already dropped the 800, Ditch Witch has dropped the 755... Boxer may be the only 30+hp machine left, and it's only left as long as they have engines left. The replacement will have ~25hp.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/L8AqWYfokGA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Work-wear fashion at its finest! As to the hours growing....fill the tank and leave it running all weekend...hours will stack right up!:lol:

Treesmith beat me to it! My first thought was "Wireless Stumpgrinder Casual attire".:lol: Looks like a beast, and I love anything wireless. Get away from the dust and noise.:D

Back