O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

uploadfromtaptalk1395698980091.jpg

Scored a large Porta wrap off of Craigslist today for $50! Looks brand new. The guy was a narcoleptic tree trimmer who had to quit.

We already have a large and a mini porty plus a GRCS so we really don't need this but it will come in handy for storm work.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry guys but I'm keeping everything.... Except for a pair of spikes and those are pretty much spoken for.

And who the heck sells something like that on CL? Oh well, it worked out for me.

And who the heck sells something like that on CL? Oh well, it worked out for me.

The only other time I found tree gear on CL was a guy going out of business and that is where I got my 3120.

Only 43%.8) I've missed my 394XP for almost 4 years now. I'll use the 66 for limbing and the 395 for falling. I might get a chainsaw mill for cutting specialty timbers that won't fit on the mill, as well as ripping big logs down for quartersawing, or just to get them on the mill if really big.

I sold my Mustang MTL325 yesterday and bought a Kubota SVL90-2. You can also see the 36" bucket for the excavator, and I have a ripper for the ex on the way with this deal as well. Easy come, easy go!

IMG_6778.jpg
IMG_1181.jpg

What was the motivation for the switch? Other than having all Kubota. Does the Kubota have selectable steering? The T300 I used to run had H and ISO patterns. I like the ISO, although I grew up on H pattern in a Case 1835.

What was the motivation for the switch? Other than having all Kubota. Does the Kubota have selectable steering? The T300 I used to run had H and ISO patterns. I like the ISO, although I grew up on H pattern in a Case 1835.

The original motivation was the ability to sell the old machine, finance the new one 100%, and lower my monthly payments by $800-1k. What's looking like is going to happen is my monthly payments will go up ~$350, and I'm paying cash for something else:/:. My trade in/sale price on the Mustang was $1300 less than I paid for it new; I put 250 hours on it.

I picked the Kubota for the quietest cab, roomy interior, peak aux hp is only 4hp behind the Bobcat T870 (at 2500psi vs the SVL's 3500psi peak), price point was good, easy financing, easy to clean tracks, and it matches the excavator, and it has favorable specs. The Tak TL12 is still a bit loud, good price point though. Bobcat T770 has a small cab and swing door, the tracks are horrid to clean, and the price was a bit higher. The 870 costs more still and doesn't offer much more performance. The Cat 299D XHP has a tiny cab, swing door.... pretty unimpressive machine except the alleged aux hydro performance.

Something else OCGD related is a new product line I carry. I'll put up some video tonight but for a mini skid mount the attachment is only $4495 and I'll pay shipping inside CONUS. They have models that will work from 8gpm to 45gpm for excavators, minis, skids, etc. They also have a 3 point hitch, PTO version.
IMG_6774.jpg
IMG_6294.jpg

List is $10.3k. Price to your door would be less, guessing ~$500 less at the moment. Recommended 45-90 pto hp. 36" wheel, 60* swing, 1200lbs... It's a beast. The biggest hydro has a 28" wheel, up to 60gpm at 4ksi.

Back