O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Hey Brendon, is that boom rated to lift at the first knuckle? I have seen some guys tie on chunks at the first knuckle to lift them onto another truck. It may be the answer for your mini.

No I'm not though... It seems silly but I just have a hard time believing they are that heavy. I am 6'3 170lbs and scrawny, not a strong guy by any means!

According to wikianswers:

Plywood weighs in at
20-25 pounds per 1/4" of thickness.
3 pounds per square foot per inch of thickness according to APA Plywood Design Specification.

Does a sheet of 3/4 ply weigh 75#s ?? Maybe I just have it all mixed up!

I can't carry 4' sheets because the turret hits them when it rotates. So I cut them in half. Shall I only cut them down to 3' and throw away the 1' strips? Would you feel better about that? At $35 per sheet I'll cut them in half and get two strips out of each sheet. I'm almost smart enough to overlap them when necessary. If plywood came in 6' wide sheets then I'd cut them in half and have the perfect size, but until that day I'll make do with what I have.

Lol!

Your just super human strong, Nick. I feel every bit of the weight. We used to do everything possible not to use them when moving the spider lift where I helped out a bit.

We load plywood a lot, 20- 30 sheets into the bucket and then back out at the end of the day. They are heavy for sure but I always compare things to a 50lb bag of feed, I guess they just dont feel as heavy since its more spread out.

Usually I just stand em up and put them on my back as I have seen lots of people do.

Either way congrats to Brendon for not having to buy plywood anymore, those white mats look awesome!

I have also used 2x8 alturnas, just about the width of the dually, they arent bad and seem easy to move around.

I have 4'X8' sheets of 1 1/8" plywood. They are really hard to handle solo. I like the extra width, but it's almost a 2 person job to move them. I don't think I have used them in a year.

Yeah, I find they don't work too well when they are at the yard behind the shop. I use my silly little 2' strips of plywood about 3-4 times per week. Better than nothing (or stopping the job to drive back to the shop).

Finally got my new marketing platform!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346093788721.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346093788721.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 30
  • uploadfromtaptalk1346093819184.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346093819184.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 26
Back