O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Yep, those are the ones. They are Climb Rights, just different color and branded a different name, same thing though. Like mine a lot as well, but Burnham, Willie, and Stig all praise the CF Geckos, and these guys have much, much more experience with spurs than I do. I've climbed in Dad's Geckos a few times, the aluminum ones, and liked them quite a bit, so no doubt I'll love these. I'll use them once or twice this week to be sure they're the correct size and I like them, but after that they'll sit on the shelf for awhile.

Why would you put premium gaffs on the shelf? They won't go stale or wear out if you use them as often as you want.

My climb rights were $275, I dont know that I would call that 'budget' and they definitely arent crappy. I cant imagine any other spurs being that much more comfortable. Not taking anything away from the Geckos, or their fans, as I am sure they are great but compared to traditional spurs the ClimbRights are day and night.

Alright, I will have to eat my own words here. Used the CF's today and yesterday, its like night and day the difference between them and the Steins!! Like no joke, its crazy the difference in comfort compared to the Steins. And how light they are, wow, it didn't hit me till I was putting them on for the first time.

Sweet Jesus. Brendon you know waxing those will decrease traction!!

Sorry couldn't resist... After sticking the bucket truck a week ago I'm about ready to roll the dice on those as well.

If I may why did you get different sizes?

I wanted 3', the bottom ones aren't mine. I got 5 track both sides, 5 smooth one side.

Luke had the best price. 5% off listed internet price and free shipping. Better order now, they take forever to come in. Alturna mat are a month behind orders.

Luke's da man when it comes to gear. And if he doesn't stock it chances are he can get it for you. He really goes out of his way.

For example, Dad wanted a 5/8" ISC block, and he was all out. So he sells Dad the small DMM block for the same price as the ISC, saving Dad like $90. Talk about service!

Ya, I can move the 10 with the forks.

The truck has about a 48"+/- flat space between the back of the tool box and rear mount unit (she's a shorty). It has 1' expanded metal sides to keep them all in. I might store them on their side as I need to be able to drive the mini up onto the flat deck (so I'll design some sort of rack). The sides might have to come off to give me a few more inches. He did set it up nicely though. The other side if this picture has a sliding door.

Attachments

• door.png
    door.png
    829.7 KB · Views: 27
Do you plan to tow with it? My reason for asking would be mini storage on a carry rack, like Dave had on his chipper.
I know it's a little steep with 11 ft long ramps loading into the chip box on my bucket.

Prob won't tow much. Occasionally.

I'm going to really figure out the best angle for the ramps. They have a hell of a nice selection at discount ramps .com.

Probably 12-14' I'm thinking.

Any pics of the rack?

Back