O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I appreciate all the well wishes. Thanks, all. :D
I spoke with the lady at the bank this morning and she dropped my interest rate a half point after getting my credit report. Looks like I was able to keep everything tight in spite of my setback last December. You guys played a huge part in that. The underwriter is supposed to process everything on Monday and I should be able to buy it on Tuesday. I've blocked Tuesday afternoon off my schedule (I have one job Tuesday morning) and the seller said that would work for his schedule as well. 8)

Picked up the car today after work, which explains why I wasn't online until after 9pm. 8) It's a really sweet ride. I did notice that it feels fast even when I'm just cruising along easy, so hopefully I can resist putting my foot in it and getting tickets. My pickup feels like a comfortable sleeper sofa even going 70, so it's easier to push it full throttle on a regular basis. The 'stang always feels fast even at 40, and the exhaust is throaty enough to remind me of how much fuel I'm burning when I punch it.

I put about 40 miles on it so far. The seller took me to the gas station and filled the tank for me when I picked it up. He says he averages a bit over 200 miles per tank.

Cool beans RJS, live in the moment, once in a while. :D
After drifting the back end of my truck a little while merging on to the highway this morning I reminded myself out loud why I dont (shouldn't) have a sports car. ;)

Erik is bugging me for pictures, although it's not clean like it was in the ad. Here's my new floor mats ($97 at the dealer) and my door pad I put on the wall in the carport.

Man, envy has turned me a lovely shade of green right now.

As for pictures, frig the doormats. I want to see the engine and hear some stats on it.
If it wasn't too late, I'd change next weeks plane ticket to make a stopover in Florida , just to kiss it on the front fender.

I pass the US car dealership that specializes in selling american cars every day and gaze lovingly on the two Mustangs on display ( one is the newish Shelby cobra model), but with the 180% import tax on cars, they will forever be out of my reach.:cry:

That was no typo BTW. 180% import tax. Welcome to commie world!

wow. thats a huge anti competition tax.

ps, where ya flying to? I cant remember, if I have seen the answer.

wow. thats a huge anti competition tax.

ps, where ya flying to? I cant remember, if I have seen the answer.

Anti competition?

There are no Danish car manufactorers. It is simply a way to generate tax money.

I'm flying to California with my two work partners. Going to climb the Sequoias and Redwoods again and meet up with a couple of Treehousers:D

Cars are hugely expensive here.
When I bought my 4 wheel drive VW transporter, it was 5 years old.

Still cost me $46,000.

You'll have to use the Big Mac index to convert that figure to be useful, the Danish price of a Big Mac is $4.90

That makes us the 5th most expensive country to buy a burger in. Stuff is expensive here.

Man, envy has turned me a lovely shade of green right now.

As for pictures, frig the doormats. I want to see the engine and hear some stats on it.
If it wasn't too late, I'd change next weeks plane ticket to make a stopover in Florida , just to kiss it on the front fender.

I pass the US car dealership that specializes in selling american cars every day and gaze lovingly on the two Mustangs on display ( one is the newish Shelby cobra model), but with the 180% import tax on cars, they will forever be out of my reach.:cry:

That was no typo BTW. 180% import tax. Welcome to commie world!

Not great, but here you go. 8)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lo4Epyi9zig?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lo4Epyi9zig?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That is one fine car; Brian.

I like the sleek look of it. No spoilers or anything to ruin the lines.

Just for kicks I stopped at the US car dealership and checked prices on the way back from town just now.

A 2005 4,6 liter Mustang GT goes for $90,000.

Looking in the carport, it appears that a young person lives there, or maybe a little old lady from Pasadena. Go granny go!

Working on it, Greg. I need to get my hands on a hair dryer in order to take it off. Same with the huge, gaudy airbag warning stickers on the sun visors. Heat is required to peel them off.

Back