Ms 361

You are right, Burnham.
Same reason I had to give up on the extra large dogs.
Having a cool looking saw is just not in the cards for me.

I had a wrap on my 660. Took it off to get closer to the ground. A few inches makes a huge difference when you grind and have to cart away the stump chips from a 40+ inch stump!

That's crazy imo. 3/4 wrap on most of my saws, cuts plenty low enough even if I'm grinding.

I'm just sayin' 3" on a 40" stump diameter makes several trips with a garbage can after its ground. Especially if your haulin' it from the back yard fence to the front street.

I may not be the greatest saw handler, but I use the top of the bar quite often rather than chasin' around the other side of the tree. Wraps must be a "Left Coast" thing! So who wants to buy it????

I'd be suprised as hell if I lose 3"s on my 3/4 wraps I'll have to check that out. I prefer to be able to use whatever side of the bar I want to no matter which side of the tree I'm on. Wrap's rule!

Can you get a heated 3/4 wrap for a 441?
I would like to try that out.

The sucky part about that is if you run more than one brand of saw. The standard Stihl scrench has a 3/4" on one side and a 9/16" on the other side so it fits all my Husky and Stihl saws. If I cut one side off then I need to carry an additional wrench for all my other saws. Just a minor inconvenience, but an inconvenience nonetheless. In fact the entire procedure of servicing the chain and sprocket area is a lot more inconvenient with the full or 3/4 wrap. I guess being fairly ambidextrous I really don't have any problem switching hands or flipping a saw around with a standard handle. I've run a couple saws with full wraps and swapped them out for half wraps after getting frustrated with them.

Anybody want a brand new full wrap handle for a Husky 372?

Anybody want a brand new full wrap handle for a Husky 372?

Brian check your PM's. After running a 372 full-wrap made by US Handles. I want to try one on one of my 372 full time.

I don't know what sorta 'scrench's' y'all are running but the normal shorty scrench available at every saw shop in this province fits under the wrap handles and has a large side which fits Stihl bar nuts and a small size that fits husky. No need for any modifications.

Those little screnchs are only about 5 bucks a pop,from a Stihl dealer no less . .Amazing they even sell something that cheap . I'm thinking the small end is 12 mm and the other like 18mm or whatever size the large bar nuts and the sparkplug is .

I've always thought that the Stihl idea to use bar nuts that are the same size as the spark plug, was a brilliant piece of engineering.

I have a full wrap for my Stihl 044, it works really good limbing and blocking up big hardwoods. But limbing conifers with the 6 point limbing technique doesn't work so good.Awkward and alot of stubs are left because you can't get the sprocket cover flush to the trunk in the process.
Over the years I took the time to learn the Scandinavian 6 point limbing technique when I was cutting pulpwood and I'm happy I adapted to it.
In the PNW limbing conifers is a different ballgame in most instances........ walking on large stems with caulks while limbing with a full wrap and long bar.
Willard.

Yep, that old 6 point tecnique is hard to beat for speed once you have used it for a while.

Today it is all harvesters, of course.

Oh yea, but today they are more like athletes than actual loggers.
Good that they are keeping the art alive, though.

Art is the guy that sold Brian the 880. Here he is limbing for a living.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TwWOkJ_A6vI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TwWOkJ_A6vI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Back