looking for lead climber/ crew leader

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
ok im booked up for at least 3 weeks
i'd pay a grand a week no problem for a good ctw
4 g a month
there may be the odd week thats not full, but i seem to be keeping busy

Dave, I'm coming in May again got some work lined up in San Anselmo area and then working in the peninsula a few days.... might be able to head north if you need the help, at least for a week or so? I've got to pick up that chipper at folks house too,

jp:D

keep me posted, i'm up to my ass in work at the moment...big removals, and lots of pruning work
ive been on since the 14th without a day off yet, and tomorrow is big removal day

What! You're supposed to be in church on Sunday!

and the lord said" blessed is he, who works to support his fam-ilee":>

right now it's take everything you can, and run it till its done, i should be going back to regular jobs that were all rolled back 1 to 2 weeks so wed i go back to normal....cant wait to see how i did in the end..

still need a climber

Try putting an advertisment here www.arbjobs.com

You can recruit world wide,the wages that you offer are very attractive to someone from Australia or New Zealand.Many young Bucks woul bust a gut to come and work in your region for a season or two.Also good Climbers often know other good Climbers so you could be onto a winner.

You can organise H2B Visa's for them.Thats the kind of Visa I had when I worked in the States.Look into it,sounds like your having a hard time finding good guys.

bump bump, i need someone to climb while i go to the dump
i really could use a hand that doesnt sign into facebook 3 mins after i leave the site.

Do you check their Facebook Wall while you're gone? Would be a funny way, and not funny at the same time way, if you told them on FB to get the F. Back To Work Or You're Fired! Good luck on the search.

wife called me and said ...you just left the job didnt you.....yes 5 mins ago........oh well your driver/ crew leader in training.....is on fb..and didnt answer when she asked if the stumps were all done.
told him ill can hi ass if it happens again, its stealing, time, which equals money.

trying to get the wife to list in tree care industry mag

considering profit sharing or a percentage of co (small) to make it worth while for someone to join up with me

so i keep on buying goodies...knowing that if i build it, they will come, or at least i'll be decently equipped anyways.

gosh youd think 3 to 4 grand a month, a co truck and a bonus plan or something would draw talent in.......im still wrong i guess

my spanish guy tells me when i leave a site all the white guys screw off as soon as im gone

Sounds like the company I've been working for the last week. They have 3 crews, his other 2 climbers are super cocky and lazy, slow and inefficient. Every job he takes them to look at has to take at least a day. I did what they said was a week of work yesterday,so he wants me to work with the other 2 crews and whip them into shape.

Bill-
If you're that big of an asset to them, then make sure you get paid for it. I spent too many years busting my ass for others and not charging enough for my time in hopes of winning their approval. Approval doesn't mean shit, and if you work cheap then people think of you as the cheap guy.

Oh he's making it worth my while Brian, at first he thought i was a tad expensive,but now wants to pay me more.

I'm sure they won't,but he said either they can shape up and learn how to be productive,or he's gonna can both crews.

Oh for sure.I'd personally rather be productive and make my boss happy then milk and lose my job. I guess alot think differently. Then again i'm used to going out,charging a set amount for a job and doing 6-8 jobs a day.

Here's the answer...

Before you leave, tell them what you want done by the time you get back. Give them a fair, reasonable amount of work that YOU EXPECT to be COMPLETED (or at least getting close) by the time you arrive.

Tell them they can log into FB, take a break, kiss each other, YOU DON'T CARE. So long as they've completed the designated tasks by the time you return, it's all good.

And if they don't look like they've been working, it's pay-docking time!

Back