INFLATION how's it hitting you?

If the Fed had equally distributed all of the money they spent on Quantitative Easing everybody in the US would have got $60K ! Yup my family of 4 would get $240K. Insted they gave it to the financial sector to do with as they saw fit and hoped "trickle down economics " would work.

I didnt fully understand The term "Trickle down economics" I think I have a better grasp on it now. Its when a 13 year old gives Trump a golden shower and he gives her a tip.

I know its come up in other threads, but with petroleum and other products becoming potentially scarce, I was able to score at Home Depot gallons of Powercare bar oil @ $9/bottle when you buy 4 (normally $10/ea). Also many stock DEF, both the standard Peak Blue Def, and another newer one called BlueSky DEF (which @ $12/box is $3-$4 cheaper than Blue anywhere I've seen). Lots of stores around me still with plenty of stock.

Apparently yesterday was Opposite Day. Stocks surged and oil fell after fears of a debilitating energy shortage eased. The UAE said it would support boosting oil production and push the rest of OPEC to do the same.

So, it is supply and demand. And, corporate greed.
44551353-E5A4-43B5-953A-8537E6AFFF46.jpeg

And the liberals have the audacity to call Republicans 'War Mongers'. Of course every liberal is convinced everything bad happening now is because of Trump, even though he left office over a year ago. Nothing bad is Biden's fault, it's all because of Trump. And nothing anybody says will convince them differently.

Lots of finger pointing indeed. I doubt the president has much influence on gas prices. I could be wrong.

One thing I am right about is that no incumbent will be re-elected if fuel prices are ridiculous.

Electricity is up 346% in Norway.

Due to the Ukraine invasion reducing natural gas supply to Europe and them looking to electricity for heating. The Norwegian electric producers are bound by an EU treaty that means I pay the same for power living 10km from the dam as someone living 1000 km away in Germany.

Madness.

I guess I should go to walmart and see if they have motor oil. Pickup a couple jugs in case the raging stupids cause it to be unobtanium as Stephen suggested. That didn't occur to me, same as the toiletpaper. At least hording oil makes some kind of sense.

Yeah I should probably order a bunch from the dealer Monday. We use 12-20 gallons a week so running out will be bad news. Boss told me to keep demoing lifts but not to get it in my head that we will be buying one this summer like planned. This situation is setting things up to be like 2008 all over again.

36 field employees. Right now over half of us are on ROW clearing so we go through a lot of oil and gas. My crew uses a gallon a day and over 3 gallons of mix gas every day.

Do you get drums, or jugs? Seems like you might be able to save some money buying drums, and just pumping it out.

Gallon jugs @cory. We tried a drum before. Not that it’s overly complicated but turned into a PITA. Barrels of any type just don’t work out so well with these guys. No matter how clearly marked you make something, someone will screw it up. Cheaper to get it in gallon containers that can not be confused with another substance than repair something that got the wrong type. Bar oil is bright orange. Diesel oil is black. Gasoline engine oil is in blue. Hydraulic in 5 gallon buckets. Antifreeze also comes in two different color bottles so that they can’t be mistaken. Label maker strips put on each vehicle or piece of equipment to state what goes in what. Other fluids are kept locked up and they have to be asked for. We have to do it or the mechanic gets angry. Someone repurposed a brake fluid container and it made its way back to the shelf. Oil in a brake fluid reservoir leads to a very tedious process to fix and an overly agitated mechanic😆. I’ve volunteered to check fluids and grease everything every day as my job. For some reason the boss doesn’t think that is a good idea.

Yeah I should probably order a bunch from the dealer Monday. We use 12-20 gallons a week so running out will be bad news. Boss told me to keep demoing lifts but not to get it in my head that we will be buying one this summer like planned. This situation is setting things up to be like 2008 all over again.

Y'all need an SD64! :shifty:

I was also thinking a few days ago how this reminded me of 2008.

Back