In The News...

That was funny! :rockhard:

JC, is it the religion that makes the folks 'bad' or are a certain kind of 'bad' people/genes attracted to that religion?
It’s not so much the religion, more their ‘otherness’

The North Africans here are often an underclass, stuck in publicly provided housing, difficult to get jobs, drugs etc.

So periodically this happens, someone gets shot or whatever, then social disorder for a few nights, 99% of the people committing the crime don’t give a toss about society, just in it for the laughs and what they can steal.

In my nearest big town they set fire to their own community centre!

Its a similar scenario to what happens in the US.

With one difference: America imported their negros as slaves and has treated them like dirt since.
Our muslims just kind of drifted up here by themselves, because we were too stupid and naive to shut the door.

We are paying the price for that now.

That whole Titan operation was a joke. I wouldn't buy carbon fiber spurs. Jeff Bezos doesn't have enough money to get me bolted(!) into a carbon fiber tube two miles below the ocean.

Carbon fiber's too delicate, and small defects can lead to failure.. You use that when you want to shave weight at all costs. I can't think of anything in my life where carbon fiber would be the best choice.

Carbon fiber, as far as high strength materials are concerned, is very brittle and so I don't really think it is an ideal choice for spurs. However, the only reason they work at all is because you're driving them into the tree perpendicular to the "gain," or the layers of carbon fiber more specifically. Carbon fiber is approximately five times stronger than steel and roughly twice as stiff, however, it has low compressive strength and it is expensive.

I admittedly don't have a ton of experience climbing on spurs, but I never thought to myself, "wow, these spurs are really weighing me down." I'm much more focused on the assortment of gear plus saw on my harness. I'm much more focused on how heavy I am as I propel myself through the canopy. Certainly it's in every climber's best interest to climb as light as possible (as far s equipment is concerned), but I am not convinced that spending a small fortune on carbon fiber spurs will have any effect on my performance or quality of life. Besides, I've always found the heftiness that I feel when wearing steel spurs to be reassuring and the weight gives me confidence.

With the carbon fiber ones: when you sharpen them, do you do so the same way as with the steel spurs? Do your file down the actual carbon fiber?

They saying is, ‘buy good quality footwear and a good bed, because if you’re not in one you’re in the other’

Thats how I feel about spending money on spikes.

Carbon fiber bicycle frames are great until the 28th lap of the criterium and a group of you crash and the impact fractures the frame.
Unlike the pros there is no car following with spare bikes on top ready to be handed to you.
In the bike community the saying is “Steel is Real”.

Carbon fiber bicycle frames are great until the 28th lap of the criterium and a group of you crash and the impact fractures the frame.
Unlike the pros there is no car following with spare bikes on top ready to be handed to you.
In the bike community the saying is “Steel is Real”.
Aluminum is probably a great compromise between steel and carbon fiber.

Pilot in illegal Grand Teton National Park landing: ‘We were not having a picnic’​

MSN - https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/pilot-in-illegal-grand-teton-national-park-landing-we-were-not-having-a-picnic/ar-AA1dGQD4?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=fd3b4fa7f76c4589b76adbcc7f36861d&ei=30

Interesting story. I'm curious how this will turn out. I wish there were more information, such as; Did he file a flight plan? What was the actual weather? Any contact with ATC regarding his intentions before landing? What was in the picnic basket?

I was assured they didn’t care.

ETA: They care.

Back