How's the splice today?

• Thread starter Wagnaw
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 182K
Might i add that was my first experience with the line but also the maxi jacket coating,will probably apply in different manner next time...

Thanks,it's definitely different looking lol,was kinda going for the sd chargers colors,but....blue and yellow makes green!
a98f24c80e08a036474def0c88b811fa.jpg
Im not sure how many coats are in order,i did 2 on one end and 3 on the other side.
7b66530655b1a3189644b5027c31b429.jpg

Did few loopies and put a larger eye on my stable braid to accommodate the backbone i will be trying out... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434166590.658443.jpg
a8048c2ed3d2a34c6d9e2bfa9d66699b.jpg

Thanks guys,I really am engulfed by it,its like a rediscovered lost art,thanks to the internet you can easily attain alot of resources,imagine in the old days,how underground and coveted it must have been lol. Give it a go!

nice lookin' splices.

Thanks guys,I really am engulfed by it,its like a rediscovered lost art,thanks to the internet you can easily attain alot of resources,imagine in the old days,how underground and coveted it must have been lol. Give it a go!

naw, it was on the high seas. ;)

So i have been trying to do up a tachyon -lava-fs,yea,its used a little,and its also not the newest.
I now realize I should have lubed er up,i also realized I buried the core tail a full fid instead of a long fid length(my bad lol)this is my 3rd attempt and my most successful. Question is, do you think it's possible to drive it home at this point or should i scrap it and try again?
5aa57f4ff48476d15f7e079b29927928.jpg

Maybe its the camera angle but the rope looks funky down by the head of the hammer. If done right its doable, but you're really gonna work for it. Like really, really, really work for it.

looks like a long way to go if you are already stuck. I'd cut it off and start over, triple check the directions as you are doing the splice. Lube it up before you even start!

Ya like i said,i got the extra core tail bury on accident and the extra length I buried is exactly how much eye i have left to bury lol,i dont necessarily need to climb on it i just want to see it bury!(the tapers nice,its all straight,just stiff as all hell)

Think im gonna hit it w/ the comealong and cut it off ,since i know what i did wrong and what can be done to make it a little less resistive,i dont know if i will even give it another shot hell,from what i read its the bitch to splice

Do you use a prusik to milk the cover? I've only done it a couple of times, but I've left a tight splice in a hot car for a day and it seemed to bury easier after that.

I really like your rope,thats nice. ^

I do use prusik occasionally,usually only when i have a few fresh blisters,i cut that sob off though lol,i know what needs to be done to achieve this,now i lack motivation,i was swearing that id never try it again as i was doing it but... I know ill give it another go,getting the core tail buried should also be easier since i dont need to go so damn far w/ it.

Back