How's the splice today?

• Thread starter Wagnaw
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 182K
It just doesn't hold my hitch worth a crap.

You use a tautline hitch?
I've used that and a blakes hitch when I advance my TIP and they've both worked well, good hold and release.
Of course I don't have anywhere near the amount of time climbing as you Butch. :)

Welcome, Raj! Nice looking splice.

I started out on that bwr arbormaster too. I wish someone had shown me 24 strand ropes before I bought that hank.

The BWR was my favorite climbing rope for a short while. Strong and really durable. Nowadays I like using the arbormaster lines as light rigging lines for natural crotch rigging.

Nice splice, and welcome to da House. :)

May be one day I'll get a digital pressure gauge, but for now I video record the ropes/ splices hooked up to a hydraulic cyclinder and try to make out the pressure reading on an anolog gauge when the rope breaks.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, my day job I'm an electric motor/ pump mechanic, I have a bunch of hydraulics laying around, so I made myself a hydraulic powerpack hooked up to a cyclinder, for testing motors, compacting tanks etc, splitting wood and now breaking ropes. :)

Looking good bro!

Bit from the few days. Mainly just doing it an hour or two after work. All for two friends on FB.
hetezany.jpg

Just waiting on some maxi jacket to dip the hrc eyes in.

Back