hinge pics

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
As for decent notch, look at the one that has been cut off and lies on the ground.
Stellar work, indeed.
A demented beaver on mushrooms could have done better.

You are losing it pal.... maybe lingering brain damage...

what you call the "notch laying on the ground", is not a notch at all... and it's pretty obvious from the photo.. that's the flush cut of the first stem. That's the first close-up of the hinges in post 558...

Your criticisms are so smug and condescending, but you are clueless to see what is right there in plain sight, which again makes you look like an idiot!

Actually, he never did.

Daniel, was it or was it not a notch, before you cut it off?
The fact that it has been cut off and is now laying on the ground, doesn't change that.

Or was that demented beaver extremely short legged, perhaps.

Last edited:
That’s some deep fuzzy logic there.

When does a thing become a non thing? When is the point whilst eating an apple, does the apple no longer remain an apple and becomes a core?

This is turning into philosophy 101 for treeworkers.

Daniel, was it or was it not a notch, before you cut it off?
The fact that it has been cut off and is now laying on the ground, doesn't change that.

Are you losing your mind???? What you see on top of that flush cut are the broken fibers of the hinge....

That's obvious.. so why do you keep calling it a notch??? That is the first hinge of three.

And it looks like it was made by a demented beaver on mushrooms.

I wonder if Da Murph does it on purpose, to get feedback to fill his bottomless longing for attention.
I mean, surely someone who has used a saw for more than 3 months can't be so clueless.

Last edited:
what you see on the ground is the hinge from the first of the three hinge pics... why would you ever refer to the cut on the ground when you could comment on the close up which is there for all to see? And once again your posts are mere mud-slinging.. you make no constructive criticism because you have none to give. You are stooping pretty low for a Dane.

As for constructive critisism, that is a waste of time with you.
People have been telling you for years to learn how to use a saw.
Hasn't helped any.

With the slight banana shape of the trunk, the butt could have bounced quite a bit. Or the top could have got a jerky side move if it hit the outside top quarter of the logs on the ground.

I personally am not a fan of landing spars on multiple chunks set like those are. If it hit just right, it could propel them outward, which in some instances, could be an issue.

there was enough mass in that set to dampen the hit.. I was n't worried about the logs flying. I was only concerned about the medium hemlock to the left of the picture off-screen. Turned the gun a little left to shade away from it.

this is the hinge that Stig was slandering .....

the tall fiber pulls show strong holding ability... taper/ swing Dutchman worked well holding against fairly heavy side lean.

do you see anything else? Screenshot_20211013-191909_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
79D26CB7-F7B5-4062-A339-A9EE5B9F3F65.jpeg
Just one of many today. I got called because they needed a bigger bar. I almost used my 20” on it to prove a point but they had grabbed the 500 with a 36” out of my box and carried it over. Was rushing so it’s not perfect but it was in the center of an open field ( basically).

this is the hinge that Stig was slandering .....

the tall fiber pulls show strong holding ability... taper/ swing Dutchman worked well holding against fairly heavy side lean.

do you see anything else?View attachment 115155

I see a facecut ( Which is what the rest of the World calls your "Notches" BTW) that has been cut in several tries and several levels.
I mean, whatever in the World happened in the far corner of the "notch"?
Did you pull the saw out to have another try, like 3 times?

I see that you had no idea where your bar tip was, so you cut into the stem behind the one, you were working on.
WTF are you ever going to do, if you have to cut near something that shouldn't be cut into, like a rope.
Your usual collateral damage thing, and look how good I am , I suppose.

But, of course, it is TOTALLY out of the box, and almost beyond the ken of us mere mortal treecutters, as usual.

I was using a sizwheel on the far corner of the notch... had to carve it with the tip since the codom was interfering with access. Sizwheel did not engage.

several levels is intentional plate cut, which is standard operating for most cuts... anything where significant holding is needed.

fibers show how well hinge held in dead ash, which is extraordinarily untrustworthy.

you don't like how I cut the face.... I couldn't care less... I like how the hinge held... and yes I have to explain that to the bunch of idiots that don't get it

Back