hinge pics

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm with Sean - he speaks The Truth!

most of what we think of as truth is really just a story... Truth is what was said or done. Most everything after that has some degree of interpretation.

Take for example "I'm going to die from cancer because the doctor told me so" While "the doctor told me so" actually happened and is therefore a fact, the "I'm gonna die" part is just a story. No one knows that for sure.. But as long as you believe it, that belief will tend to become your reality...

now if you're really sharp, you could ask "is that really true" and the answer will be "of course not... it;s just a story...

I;d bet your oncologist hasn't read this book:

In her New York Times bestseller, Radical Remission: Surviving Cancer Against All Odds, Dr. Kelly A. Turner, founder of the Radical Remission Project, uncovers nine factors that can lead to a spontaneous remission from cancer—even after conventional medicine has failed.

While getting her Ph.D. at the University of California, Berkley, Dr. Turner, a researcher, lecturer, and counselor in integrative oncology, was shocked to discover that no one was studying episodes of radical (or unexpected) remission—when people recover against all odds without the help of conventional medicine, or after conventional medicine has failed. She was so fascinated by this kind of remission that she embarked on a ten month trip around the world, traveling to ten different countries to interview fifty holistic healers and twenty radical remission cancer survivors about their healing practices and techniques. Her research continued by interviewing over 100 Radical Remission survivors and studying over 1000 of these cases. Her evidence presents nine common themes that she believes may help even terminal patients turn their lives around.

I'm not positive, and I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you have no idea what my oncologists have read.

Bored back cut on a 36 DBM head leaning grey pine. Tripped from the back strap. Pulled some fiber it did.

Attachments

• 20190314_095752.jpg
    20190314_095752.jpg
    473.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 20190314_095744.jpg
    20190314_095744.jpg
    471.6 KB · Views: 55
Seeing again your pics in full size, I just realized that the "board" next to the log is the actual main clump of pulled fibers from the release cut. Amazing.

Nothing special here. Little taper on one side leaner, was a little high on the compression side. Recently dead ash goes right where you tell it to go.

20190329_161043.jpg

20190329_122356.jpg

20190329_121916.jpg

This is another one that Rifco likes to bust on even though I pointed out that this cut comes right out of Dent's professional timber falling. tapered hinge ash.jpg

Last edited:
Do you guys do lawn work too or is that in the name to lower insurance costs?

This is most of the ones I have. I'm not particularly proud of any of them...

20191102_162514.jpg 20190607_133514.jpg IMG_20191206_144910.jpg

As a bonus, this is the tree that got me into this treecutting nonsense. Prior to this, I doubt I had 10hr of saw time, and my only saw was a PoulanPro...

20180302_163458.jpg
20180303_075517.jpg

Do you guys do lawn work too or is that in the name to lower insurance costs?
They’ve had the name since 1968. When I worked there in high school they did mostly lawn and landscaping. We would mow close to 200 lawns a week. We did very little tree work then. Now we have one guy that mows 3 days a week, seasonal landscape help, and 6 full time tree crews. We pay the tree insurance and comp rate.

Ugly tree lxskllr....that would have turned me AWAY from trees!

My hinges are almost always not pretty like Jed or Rich or Stig. But if I get them to work right they are always beautiful! :D

Back