Goose Ridge Tree

Deva and I were thinking of doing something seperate. He said the further out the dates were, the more likly he could come and play so I figured after first buck season and picked a couple dates for him to chew on. No need to be confused. We would welcome your company and/or advice, otherwise we can tromp through the forest till we find something nice and outta the way:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
When I seen all the posts together and the PM Stig sent me I thought a happening was in the works.

My brain is clear now. Wow that really had me going. Nonetheless keep me up to date, Willie/Deva with your plans. I would like to be there, even if just to ground for you.

I just talked to Charly Pottorff and he's coming out here on the 7th.

Now figure that. Dang, their coming from all directions. I'm going to have to clone myself.

i'd like to see the goose ridge tree too
need srt gear
otherwise ill be sweatin my way up
if my presence isnt gonna go with the mix, ill go a nother time

Jerry, Stig has a firm commitment to be here in NW Oregon on Sept. 9 to spend the day with me. He said he'd be leaving Arcata the morning of the 8th to make the long drive up. It was my understanding that he was planning to climb with you prior to that, but I could be mistaken.

I have a phone contact number for him in Arcata. PM me if you want to have it so you could make plans directly with him.

Jerry, I screwed up!!!!!

I will be there next week as I wrote you, for some reason my brain overheated when I posted yesterday and I wrote september instead of august.
Me and my two partners will be at RRR the 27/ maybe 28 august till 30 august.

At least I got the year right!

Sorry about that.

Damn ! I wish it wasnt so dang far...It's been a year almost to date since I've seen him in KS

Thanks for making that clear, Stig. It's open. And I did get your call on my machine.

Thanks and call me when you're settled in.

Jer B

Oh, and thanks, B

That looks like a great tree to climb Gerry. Where's the first limb at?

I just cut a few broken limbs out of one of the very few redwoods we have around here, couldn't believe how heavy the wood was. Is that typical, heavy limb wood? Kinda nice trees to climb, the bark is like a pillow almost.

I wouldn't put it in my pillow case....lol....that fluffy bark gets in your throat and makes you hack like a cat coughing up a hair ball.

Gerry:Gord, the first limb on that tree is 45/50 feet. Easy throwline shot.

Easy for you to say :lol:

Gerry had to make the shot for me. As the expression goes; Ya either get it on the first shot, or the 13th!

no srt needed huh?
im down, just need a fairly firm date so i can plan jobs around it
ill be in redway the 31st of this month, and the next week is booking now, any ideas on a date?
i'd love to come out for a climb, maybe bring one or two of the boys if there's room in the group

maybe bring one or two of the boys if there's room in the group
the goose ridge tree is on private land. While I did not experience any troubles, the potential is there. A large group may set off some neighbor. Best to have only a small group of friends. My advice is that in order to not ruin a great climbing spot is to not bring employees but to bring yourself. We all know each other and know how to handle situations that come up.
The wild card is having climbers who we really don't know.

IMO

potential trouble huh:(
hmmmmm, (not her) but damn it.
so that freaking rots i tell ya
im down to come along, but one of my comrades i work with will be bummed

and why unfortunately is frans always the bearer of bad news for
me and my climbers
i guess i forgot the rules

1 treehousers only
2 if you take anyone there, blindfold them and spin them around 3 times and walk in backwards

:) c'mon its early and im sore
and trying to find a smile

looking foreward to another climb

Back