Goose Ridge Tree

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm sure Stig would prefer to climb traditional with the option to take a ride.

I know thirty years ago I would have given it a go for sure. But then we didn't have the means to set a line 200 feet up the tree either.

I remember Mark Chisolm srt ing the Tree House none stop.225' and looked cool as a cucumber. After we all met at the top and we talked to him, he said, " Holy sh*t that just about killed me.....lol. None the less he made it look easy.

My first rec-climb to the top of a big redwood was solo in 1973. That day I truly believe that I was the happiest tree climber in the world.

All old school. Brutal. I climbed the tree.

How much food and water would one bring in those days?

Looks like a lot of fun.
I have to make it out there at some point.

Butch, he's talking about 'The Tree House' the redwood tree (with a gift shop in the base), not the Tree House internet forum.

I didn't relize that Stig's trip was so close! I figure he's the type to ride once and climb once. Can't come that far and not actually climb!
Deva, you come up and i'll come down!

Give me a date,
earlier the notice the more sure I'll reserve it.

It's really not that far from here.

Maybe some other local folks might wanna come too.

I've been training SRT all summer up to this trip, would be a shame to waste that.
I also believe that one should earn stuff the hard way, but I would love to try out the Wraptor, too.
Being the first danes to try it, would give us something to brag to the boys about, when we come home.
Not that they won't be envious enough about the trees we are goint to climb:):):):):):):)
We'll be at RRR from friday 28 sept. to sunday 30 sept, more or less.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow, I'm really confused. I just checked my last PM from Stig and he said he was coming to Cali next week. Now he says he'll be here Sept 6-7, and Willie says we'll meet somewhere in the middle? And I didn't even know Willie and Deva was going to be there. I think Stig said he was bringing some friends too.

So, OK. Who, when, where is what I need to know if I'm going to take anybody to any trees.

That would give me something to work on. Otherwise I'm just guessing what's going on.

He is going all over the place Gerry... He said he is going to try and stop by here Sept. 13th. Then heading north. I think they will be going to Yosemite and the Sequoias prior to the 13th...

Back