Good Beers

Some years back I went with two other guys to a karate seminar in Southern Germany, near München.

One of the guys was a beer afficionado. Walking around the town of Kelheim, we came across the Schneider Weisse brewery. I swear, the guy almost genuflected right there on the sidewalk.
So that night we went to the brewery restaurant, in an old castle and sampled the beers.

The food was horrible, to a vegetarian anyway, but the ambience was fantastic.
Sitting in the cellar afterwards, drinking the wonderful beer after a hard day of training under an old Okinawan master is one of my fondest beer memories.

Right up there with sharing having a Redtail Ale with Jerry and the boys after climbing the Coombs tree:D

Sometimes it is not just the beer, but the circumstance that makes it great.

SchneiderWeisse.JPG

How can you bring yourself to mention Bud light in a thread called " Good beer"?:lol:
Well it's about like Coors ,okay for the not yet developed taste buds of a journeyman beer drinker .;)

Regular Bud of which I'm sipping as I type is okay for just beer but it doesn't rate that high when the talk is "good beers " . No big deal,whatever you like .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i like blue moon (with or without orange), kona longboard with olives in, fat tire ale, anything descutes, and im really craving hard ciders right now. ace hard pear cider is my fave. and lest i forget, uncommon brewers, http://www.uncommonbrewers.com/ high school buddy's brewery. some very interesting brews.

BeerSnob.jpg

Well Al it is hard to believe

My wife has never tasted Budweiser beer. She also likes it over her old stand by Busch big time ( which IMO is a no brainer). I told her she has to try Michelob next, before settling in on her new beer forever.

Just a side note she hasn't cared for any of the new beers I have been trying (she didnt get to try any Oktoberfest from SA though).

Well Al it is hard to believe

My wife has never tasted Budweiser beer.
It isn't real hoppy so to speak .Some people like it and some don't .Mrs Smith of this residence drank two in a row a couple of years ago on the patio when it was 90 degrees out .I was little worried there for a moment but it passed . I don't think the old gal will ever be a "beer" drinker .Makes the most awfull faces when she takes that first sip .:lol:

Yuengling traditional lager. Now that was good.

Just tried 1st one and glad to see it sold in Ohio now. :D

There is a small Nepalese food restaurant that opened up in town, curry is their fare, basically. I stopped in for some takeout and it was quite good. I saw that they were selling a couple different beers from Nepal, one called Mt. Everest. Anyone ever have Nepal made beer?

I would love to get my hands on a supply of FatTire from New Belgium brewing in Colo. best around

Have you tried Ruthless the new one by Sierra Nevada? Yuuuuk ! You have to be a die hard I suppose to like that one.

Back