fair price for 200t?

Yo, Max, try the husky 572 with 24" bar, I'm sure you'll be satisfied, when you need a 70cc saw
Yes, Cory, Huska 572 is a very good saw. I have a 70cc saw Yonsered 2171 (this is actually Huska 372, only in the red case) I love this saw! 572 is a saw of the latest generation, but it is heavier and has larger dimensions. 4DEBDBBD-3FE1-443B-825C-510CFAB30830.jpeg

Last edited:
No, nothing but oak. Big and tall four foot DBH and every bit of 130’ tall.
F37AEC16-41BA-4AC2-9551-8358FC5591E6.jpeg
The large limb on the right is the limb being cut out to lessen crown weight towards the neighbors house. There are a few areas of concern on the trunk but there is still plenty of meat left at the defect. So it buys the customer a few years.

No, nothing but oak. Big and tall four foot DBH and every bit of 130’ tall.
View attachment 117077
The large limb on the right is the limb being cut out to lessen crown weight towards the neighbors house. There are a few areas of concern on the trunk but there is still plenty of meat left at the defect. So it buys the customer a few years.
Yes, it's definitely an oak tree! I'm sprinkling ashes on my head! :)

That's a curious turn of phrase. How was that derived?
Sprinkle ashes on your head — worry about someone or something. Most often, the second is to worry about the wrong thing, or the wrong conclusion. As far as I remember, this phraseology is taken from the Bible. There are also expressions similar in meaning - ,, tear your clothes,, or,, tear your hair ,, :)

Last edited:
Max, for sure the 372 is a bit of a legendary saw. I haven't run one in a long time but the 572 has been serving me very well for the last year or two

Max, for sure the 372 is a bit of a legendary saw. I haven't run one in a long time but the 572 has been serving me very well for the last year or two
I like legends, but now I'm more and more inclined to progress! :) However, 572xp has the same weight as Stihl660

Last edited:
I'll take your word for it. But I was impressed that the 572 is a bit smaller, lighter, yet cuts faster than the 576's I'd been using. I've never run a 660 nor any large Stihls except for my first saw ever, the 045.

Ive run the 020, 200, and 201 most every day for decades. Also the husky 540 10 years ago which had good performance and ergomomics but was a nightmare to keep it running. So now, only Stihl for the small saws.

Seems like all the more reason for Stihl to design n build a bullet proof top handle trimsaw.

They came close with the 020 AVE and the 200T.

The new 201 ain't even close tho, after all these years....

Back to the drawing board lads........

Jomo

Seems like all the more reason for Stihl to design n build a bullet proof top handle trimsaw.

They came close with the 020 AVE and the 200T.

The new 201 ain't even close tho, after all these years....

Back to the drawing board lads........

Jomo
With a high degree of probability, it can be assumed that this, unfortunately, will not happen. Stihl is now more concerned about battery-powered saws. At the beginning of 2022, the MSA 220t is expected to be on sale. 246B7754-D937-4706-B201-D7823BD681DD.jpeg

Last edited:
I got nothing against electric when a 14 inch bar can munch 26 inch vertical wood all day.....

Yeah, all my 200T mufflers rattled off for a reason.....

Jomo

Last edited:
part of maintaining a saw, those bolts should get checked regularly, on any saw
But, wouldn't you rather a low maintenance saw? I hear the 200t also needs frequent carb rebuilds.

What all top handle models have you worked with? Just curious. I can't say I have much experience with a 200t if at all, but I've put some time on 10 different models.

My oldest 200T on a 2010 model, and is still running the same carb it came with. I do NOT run non-ethanol in my saws. It has been a back-up saw all its life. I had three in a row that required a new carb after about three years of steady running.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
But, wouldn't you rather a low maintenance saw? I hear the 200t also needs frequent carb rebuilds.

What all top handle models have you worked with? Just curious. I can't say I have much experience with a 200t if at all, but I've put some time on 10 different models.
I dont mind the maintenance, its relaxing IMO
so far ive only ran the 194T, and for my work style and what im cutting its a bit small, great on 8" and smaller hardwoods its great, anything larger and it feels gutless
note: with brand new, NON safety chain, and muffler mod, its opened up allot, and it rips in small wood

.050ga non safety chain or .043?

In case you aren't acquainted with everyone, a large part of the Treehouse peeps are professionals.
Perhaps you meant seasoned professionals? or even experts? I work with a guy who's been doing trees for 20-30yrs or whatever. I and other's with much fewer years of experience seem to do things a lot better than him. He's never even heard of running a chainsaw bar upside down to even out the wear, but claims to be an expert.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
a few month owning, about 2 years climbing, 1 year work climbing

I thought I was pretty good at sharpening a saw after 5 years of personal firewood processing, then I thought I was really good at the beginning of this year. Now I know I'm very good, but still not near as perfect as some. I don't even know how to square file a chain.

Back