fair price for 200t?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
no permit, dad drives

working on getting a business license, "his" business, I will "buy" him out at 18

anyways. re-rail

fair price for a 200t? all I asked, on my original post I never asked "is the 200 better than the 201?" I asked what a real price would be due to the ebay prices being stupid

seeing one for $900, and one for $3000

one is stupid, the price shouldnt vary that much

Had Stihl used springs to keep 200T's mufflers well enough attached to the cylynder's to perform dependably despite temp variations between steel bolts n aluminum components? Worked a charm on two stroke dirt bikes of the late 60's n early 70's when moon shots were doable.....

Bend or break seems to be a Druid principle worth following......

Jomo

yeah lol

or when you try to sell one for $3000, even if this one is "brand new in box"

but if it sells........then it's brilliant.

capitalism is priceless grasshopper

$3k doesn't sound completely out of line for brand new in box, especially if it has all documentation, including receipts. That shit's for collectors, not arborists. Collectors operate in a different world from everyone else.

no permit, dad drives

working on getting a business license, "his" business, I will "buy" him out at 18
Which is it?

Are you a business owner or are you not. Like being pregnant. Not sort of.

Owning a business and getting money for doing some tree work are absolutely not the same.

Doing what people call "side-work" is doing side-work.

Some people kill it for someone else, and kill it on their own, legally in business, paying taxes and many insurances.

hard to explain
I own the business, dad owns it legally
ive got 2 mil general liability, workers comp and license are next, within a month or two we will have all that going

now, back on topic AGAIN
if your not here to answer the question asked, then don't answer, its literally free

fair price for a 200t? my business is none of anyone's business except me, me not having a drivers license or permit is nobodys business

so, we clear? im here to ask one simple question, not to give a life story about how I was born at a very young age

Pro tip... You don't dictate how threads go here. This isn't your personal support page. Someone here might be willing to provide paid support on-call. If that's what you want, post a request in the commerce section. Otherwise, you're free to post in the regular sections, and you get what you get.

methinks, maybe, instead of asking questions about something that is 100% un-related to the thread, answer the question you were asked, if you are un-willing to answer the question, but for some reason decided to try and get all up in my business (literally) then maybe, this thread is not for you, feel free to put me on ignore

A fair price is whatever it is worth to you. If you feel like you are missing out, and jumping on a $3000 saw is the sure fire way to get a good 200t in your hands, then do so. $3000 can be paid off in a week depending on how you run your business, and the saw should last easily 2 years at least if you take care of it. Life is easier when you aren't stingy, just don't foolishly spend all you money either. I'd say you did good enough if you can find a fresh rebuild, mostly new OEM parts for $800-$1400. Being a desirable and long discontinued saw, you can expect to pay more than new.

Personally I'd buy five Echo 355t and learn to like them.

the 355 has been a thought, for the same price I payed for my 194 it isnt a bad deal
trying to keep to one brand, for parts and service (I dont have an echo dealer close enough to make them worthwhile)

I buy parts online and fix them myself. Same with Husqvarna. For Stihl, if I can't find OEM parts on ebay, then I have to go to the dealer.

ive never gone to a dealer to have work done, only to buy the parts and fix it myself, although in the future I may find it easier to take my stuff to the shop, instead of taking a day off and fixing something

the 2511 sounds like a good saw, would not mind having one IF I didnt already have the 194, once I get a 200 I will give the 194 to my dad (im training him to climb as well), at that point the 2511 will be on order

As a business owner, I can tell you with conviction that you don't "take a day off" to fix saws. That's what you do after fueling the trucks, dealing with phone calls, going on a quote or two, stopping by the bank, and hopefully eating dinner because it's about 7-8pm. No such thing as an 8 hour day as a business owner. Many times I was fueling trucks after dark because wasting time at the convenience store on the way to work in the morning is a sure fire way to piss me off for costing us 45 minutes. And most saw repairs are only 10-15 minute ordeals so it's easy to pop in the garage and knock it out. Easier when you have a stash of dead saws to raid for parts.

I dont have parts saws, I dont have a crew to do a job while im fixing their saws = I lose jobs when I take time off of them to fix stuff, and im yet to have a 15 minute saw repair, leave the job, go to the dealer, maybe 2 or 3 dealers to get the parts I need, then fix the saw, hope it works, then back to the job

the simplest "repair" for me so far has been replacing a carb, which I dont keep spares, so i had to order one, and wait for it to arrive, hope its the right one, tune it, then back to work

Back