fair price for 200t?

Had to google what that meant, Sean.
“ Fear Of Missing Out”

In the world of chainsaws, that can be a very expensive rabbit hole to fall into. I was gonna list all the legendary pro grade saws that are no longer available new, but I don’t have all day. I should try to get a 395XP though. And a 372XP. And an 044…

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
im a stock trader, fomo will kill you

on a side note, the 200 is pre emissions, and has stiffer anti vibe, overall more the style of saw I like as well

and I can ask what a fair price is for one, and really its nobody's business why I want to know what a good price is

Had to google what that meant, Sean.
“ Fear Of Missing Out”

In the world of chainsaws, that can be a very expensive rabbit hole to fall into. I was gonna list all the legendary pro grade saws that are no longer available new, but I don’t have all day. I should try to get a 395XP though. And a 372XP. And an 044…

Careful Jonny, old school husky’s are a nasty habit.

3213D329-AEE6-4C45-B690-AE745D28CB31.jpeg

Why the blacked out Stihls? Just like it? If not for being really unpractical, I'd like my saws to be OD green.

That's what I was thinking, but a Husky is just about as desirable as a Stihl, and they're all still orange.

A ported 2511 is by far better than a 200t or 201. Even ported is cheaper. It’s significantly lighter. Just plain better. :drink:
looking at the specs, not spending that money on a saw that small, ive already got a small trimsaw

keep in mind, I commonly cut 10-16" oak and hickory with my trimsaw, I doubt the 2511 will live long

I'm vouching for Skwerl, I bought a 372 from him years ago. Having serious trouble with editing at the moment.

All this reminds me I have a nice 201t in the basement somewhere awaiting a port job, the plan is to try extra compression without loosing transfer port performance. I got it and another off Ebay from pawn shops for around $500 each. Probably one of those deals where a guy gets a job, buys a saw, cuts the tree, then pawns the saw and lets them keep it.

keep in mind, I commonly cut 10-16" oak and hickory with my trimsaw, I doubt the 2511 will live long
Yeah, that's more that the 2511 is good for, hickory is tough on any saw with how it sucks all the oil off the chain.

Great pic, Bigtwig!

I for one would love to see the rest of your shop!

Lol I’ve got one I think it’s three years old, daily runner, and that’s what I use for removals. I’ll run a 2511 to 14”+ wood and switch out for a rear handle usually a 550xpg. And please keep in mind oak, hickory, sugar maple, locust, ash, pine, elm, spruce, and willow are the species I deal with mostly. Pulls just fine and my trim saw is a Silky. The 2511 IS a worthy saw. Just sayin a 200t/201t is almost five pounds heavier and more expensive (when new) almost double the 2511 ported price.

I have researched all this

im buying the 200, better saw for me, I know what I do and need better than anyone

Until recently, I preferred Stihl. Stihl,only Stihl and nothing but Stihl. Nevertheless, lately I have been looking with great interest at the Husk t540xp ll. With similar technical characteristics compared to the 200t (201t) Huska t540xp ll has one undeniable advantage - the maximum speed of rotation of the chain is 25.8 m/s. Probably I will make myself a gift for the New Year, and I will become the happy owner of this saw! :)

Last edited:
Yo, Max, try the husky 572 with 24" bar, I'm sure you'll be satisfied, when you need a 70cc saw

Back