Edelrid saddle SRS loop

Benjo75

Treehouser

What do yall think about this? Would you trust it? I've not been around one of their saddles. Personally I think I would just shorten one of the rope bridges. I'm not going to buy one of these saddles I'm happy with mine. Just trying to find advantages and disadvantages.

That they mention textile on textile chafe as a problem makes it seem like a bad design to me. That little loop doesn't inspire confidence in my mind

There are several harnesses on the market with similar SRT attachment points. The reasoning is that shifting some of the support away from the legs will help at reducing a climber's tendency to go into a sitting position during ascent, thus, making it easier to rope-walk in an upright position. There is little lateral movement during a normal ascent, so fabric-on-fabric wear should be nominal and it will help climbers stay more upright.

With all that said, I personally would want something more substantial on a primary point of attachment.

I like the one on my Ergovation. I don’t have the upper body harness on mine, so there’s two I guess. It does make it easier to keep upright compared to the bridge, but it’s not nearly as comfortable for sitting.
Do you already have the TreeRex? Looks excellent.
9BDFE909-2820-4237-BCF0-4D4B9A6955BA.jpeg DD433360-E8FC-4823-9605-9678A9356054.jpeg

Is it just me or could you stay clipped into your rope bridge too? Basically just also clip that before a large accent? Your rope bridge would be slack, but still attached if stuff went wrong, like them showing how it could detach part of the harness. I honestly don't see a point, an adjustable bridge is completely awesome and so is a chest roller box, and simply and comfortably works. Look at how a caver sets up a rope walker setup, they do hundreds of feet at a time. My worthless .02 lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks like it Kyle. I was seeing it as just clipping in to the loop for ascent. Then clipping to your regular bridge for work. Either way it looks like a swapover would have to take place at some point.

Back