Any one else slow right now?

PCTREE

Treehouser
After years of being busy all season the calls have stopped here. Guess folks a worried about inflation or some such.
Anyone else seeing call volume drop?

A lot of new guys started up in my area, so I'm doing more milling and brush chipping. My ear surgery has kept me from doing much.

Paul, you've been fed up with parts of the tree biz for awhile, just wondering if you care or not that its slow, I presume all your equipment is paid for. So maybe you are happy for the break

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would be happy to take time off and have actually discussed with the Mrs taking off for 2-3 months. Problem is employees , my good climber is done and I just have a complete rookie . Would be tough trying to hire folks in the spring I would imagine.

Yup that is the problem. I'd love to cut back to 3 days/week but its not feasible re employees

I would be happy to take time off and have actually discussed with the Mrs taking off for 2-3 months. Problem is employees , my good climber is done and I just have a complete rookie . Would be tough trying to hire folks in the spring I would imagine.

You never found a full time climber despite the high pay rate?

Shame I am committed, I would welcome the chance to work in the states again.

Here all the trades are busy / booked for awhile ... personally have enough to do for a month or two.
.... the afterthought is usually by now I had nothing coming in which is why I used to work at the ski area winters. Still lot's of spenders here and many real estate transactions , different ...

So no more winter ski work for you? What did you do there, I can't remember if it was ski patrol or more like snowmaking

Both ... glad it's over , I do get some tree work in the slow season sometimes emergency ( big snow years some roof shoveling) to get by but at more than full time Snowmaking/ Ski Patrol that's all the resort ever amounted to anyways

What ski area were you at?

I used to go Mt Snow a lot, had friends in Marlborough

After years of being busy all season the calls have stopped here. Guess folks a worried about inflation or some such.
Anyone else seeing call volume drop?

Ha, Paul's OP is exactly what's up for me now. Wth.

Others?

Shit, no.
Quite the opposite.
Trying to make my mimd up which clients to piss off by pushing them into next year.
Got a new apprentice and 2 guys subbing for me the rest of the year, and it is nowhere near enough.

My phone is quiet, overall.

I'm staying busy with neighbors of customers, referrals, and pay customers.

Had some good p-t help from my gf. That's been going smoothly.

Back