Any one else slow right now?

Wrote a largely pruning bid that I've been meaning to get to, this morning. 6 minutes from home.

Bid some work prompted by a recent wind storm mid-morning, likely to turn into some work. 6 minutes from home.

Reassured two cousins, living side-by-side about a 48" doug-fir being reasonably sound despite birds pecking at the thick bark for bugs, and a bit of "shake", and spotted as 28" x about 100' doug-fir with Phellinus pini/ red ring rot heartrot disease, so likely sold that removal. Easy work, minimal chipping, firewood chunks left where they lay for them to cut up. 9 minutes from my house.

Wrote a largely pruning bid that I've been meaning to get to, this morning. 6 minutes from home.

Bid some work prompted by a recent wind storm mid-morning, likely to turn into some work. 6 minutes from home.

Reassured two cousins, living side-by-side about a 48" doug-fir being reasonably sound despite birds pecking at the thick bark for bugs, and a bit of "shake", and spotted as 28" x about 100' doug-fir with Phellinus pini/ red ring rot heartrot disease, so likely sold that removal. Easy work, minimal chipping, firewood chunks left where they lay for them to cut up. 9 minutes from my house.
the close to home part sounds great 👍

winter is our busy season, in summertime you may only remove deadwood and it is possible to do emergency work. so its not slow atm.

Hard to tell how well we'll fair after the first of the year. I think folks are just trying to get through the holidays and then come the taxes.
With my truck going down again, I'm feeling it. This family can't afford to just go out and even buy a used vehicle currently.

What Country are you in Friedrich?
germany, there is quite the stout law protecting birds and other critters. so we have to reduce trees in wintertime even though it might be better for the trees to do it in spring/summer.

Hard to tell how well we'll fair after the first of the year. I think folks are just trying to get through the holidays and then come the taxes.
With my truck going down again, I'm feeling it. This family can't afford to just go out and even buy a used vehicle currently.
We have too many piles of junk sitting in the driveway. I want them gone, but with the market these days, they are worth more than ever as scrap, but not worth enough to buy a used car, and a gamble as to whether paying for a restoration is worth it in the long run. More and more I'm thinking just get them restored, but then labor isn't cheap, but neither are used cars...

Y’all got me worried now! We’ve got a solid backlog but phone has been quiet.

Back