• Hey Guest,
    Just a heads up, The Tree House will be unavailable for about 10-15 minutes starting at 5pm CST tonight. This is just a super quick maintenance period.

Thanks!
    Brandon

Any one else slow right now?

PCTREE

Treehouser
After years of being busy all season the calls have stopped here. Guess folks a worried about inflation or some such.
Anyone else seeing call volume drop?

treesmith

Banned
I was a month behind when I broke my collarbone Sep. 13. During the weeks I was down, calls slowed, but didn't stop. Now that I'm getting back to work, they've resumed. I've got enough to last the rest of the year, even if no one else calls.

Raj

TreeHouser
A lot of new guys started up in my area, so I'm doing more milling and brush chipping. My ear surgery has kept me from doing much.

cory

Tree House enthusiast
Paul, you've been fed up with parts of the tree biz for awhile, just wondering if you care or not that its slow, I presume all your equipment is paid for. So maybe you are happy for the break

PCTREE

Treehouser
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would be happy to take time off and have actually discussed with the Mrs taking off for 2-3 months. Problem is employees , my good climber is done and I just have a complete rookie . Would be tough trying to hire folks in the spring I would imagine.

cory

Tree House enthusiast
Yup that is the problem. I'd love to cut back to 3 days/week but its not feasible re employees

treebogan

Treehouser
I would be happy to take time off and have actually discussed with the Mrs taking off for 2-3 months. Problem is employees , my good climber is done and I just have a complete rookie . Would be tough trying to hire folks in the spring I would imagine.

You never found a full time climber despite the high pay rate?

Shame I am committed, I would welcome the chance to work in the states again.

Altissimus

TreeHouser
Here all the trades are busy / booked for awhile ... personally have enough to do for a month or two.
.... the afterthought is usually by now I had nothing coming in which is why I used to work at the ski area winters. Still lot's of spenders here and many real estate transactions , different ...

cory

Tree House enthusiast
So no more winter ski work for you? What did you do there, I can't remember if it was ski patrol or more like snowmaking

Altissimus

TreeHouser
Both ... glad it's over , I do get some tree work in the slow season sometimes emergency ( big snow years some roof shoveling) to get by but at more than full time Snowmaking/ Ski Patrol that's all the resort ever amounted to anyways

cory

Tree House enthusiast
What ski area were you at?

I used to go Mt Snow a lot, had friends in Marlborough

cory

Tree House enthusiast
After years of being busy all season the calls have stopped here. Guess folks a worried about inflation or some such.
Anyone else seeing call volume drop?
Ha, Paul's OP is exactly what's up for me now. Wth.

Others?

stig

Patron saint of bore-cutters
Shit, no.
Quite the opposite.
Trying to make my mimd up which clients to piss off by pushing them into next year.
Got a new apprentice and 2 guys subbing for me the rest of the year, and it is nowhere near enough.