8.9 magnitude earthquake in Japan!

Link shared on Face book. I really like the look and feel of your blog Jay. Pictures are really interesting.

Hey Jay, took a look at your site and am REALY impressed. Could I twist your arm into making my daughter Whylie a special jewelry box. I am in the unusual situation right now that I actually have some savings so feel I should get her something that she can remember me by. I am not by nature an extravagant person so feel that I should break the mold and give her something exquisite.

Could I twist your arm into making my daughter Whylie a special jewelry box. I am in the unusual situation right now that I actually have some savings so feel I should get her something that she can remember me by.

That is one of the coolest requests I have ever heard...wonderful idea. That would be so cool to watch it take shape.

Thanks a lot for the positive comments on the blog, and the help to get some readers. I haven't received very much feedback, so it is pretty hard to know if there is a point to going to the effort to write there. Good to know.

Sure Paul, thanks for the nice idea about the jewelry box, I'd really enjoy making it. I don't recall what age your Whylie is, i think it would be something to keep in mind for the design, but the plan would be to make something that she could use forever, so that goes into it to a large regard. I guess an approximate overall size dimension would be a good place to start thinking about it, like where would she be wanting to keep it and what space allows. What type of jewelry she would be wanting to keep in the box to begin with, if she already has some things that she likes, or perhaps already has a lot, would be nice to know. I think I could pick it up from there and give some suggestions for you to consider. Maybe pm me some thoughts, or we can talk about it in the open forum, maybe start a thread....that might be cool. I agree Gary, it would make a wonderful gift for the girl, I'd put my heart into it....and some nice wood. Thanks again!

I'd put my heart into it....and some nice wood. Thanks again!

WOW! You are an amazing individual, Jay. There are few creations that can radiate the heart of their creator more powerfully than those created from wood.

Dave

Jay the gift is for the future, I will show it to her when we get it but she wont get it till she is old enough to appreciate and look after it. I was thinking 8"x6"x4" roughly. Ill leave it to youre ascetics to decide the proportions.

Heres a picture of the refined lady in question

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    492.1 KB · Views: 3
Jay the gift is for the future, I will show it to her when we get it but she wont get it till she is old enough to appreciate and look after it. I was thinking 8"x6"x4" roughly. Ill leave it to youre ascetics to decide the proportions.

Heres a picture of the refined lady in question

Sorry but she has made me laugh. Kids are so funny.

Funny pic! For some reason i was more expecting a young woman wearing pearls....

I'll think about the jewelry box, Paul, get back to you about it. Thanks.

If that pic doesn't make you smile... there's something wrong with you. :lol:

Jay,
I posted the link to your blog after I saw Darin post it to Facebook; and then I started reading. Amazing!
What a special relationship with your sensei, Nakamichi san!
And a touching story, too. It brought back a memory of one of the hospice patients to whom I provided care.
He had been a machinist and toward the end like Nakamichi san, he was very distinctively working with his lathe.

I've received a lot of views on my blog, thanks for the links...comments here too. No contacts yet, but it definitely ups the prospects. I should put on there that projects from Hawaii are especially welcomed! Thanks for the support. :)

Jay, awesome site and stories. I,ll spread the link.
Also X2 what burn and others said.

Paul. What a precious little beauty, thanks for the smile

What are bots?

Thanks, I got into furniture making because I had an idea that trying to do good work is a worthy pursuit, still believe that, and have also tried to extend it to tree work.

Going to put the link with the signature, good idea.

Back