What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 486K
yuck. thats crappy. mental note. dont move between mid sept and mid may when in fraser valley of BC. :)

Just to the south of Paully and Natalie... we got about 6 inches ay the Naval Air Station. I got almost 8 inches at my place.

I was on generator last night but power came back on this morning. It's snowin' right now, and we are supposed to get a few more inches by tonight. Then it is supposed to get to around 27 degrees F here. Can you say "skating rink"...

Also... I was comin' home from Mom and Dad's place yesterday mornin'... and had an F-150 flip over right in front of me on I-5 due to the slush and snow. Myself and another guy stopped and pulled the man and woman, and their dog out of the truck, and stayed with them until the Ambulance, fire and rescue, and state patrol came by. The cab of the truck was almost smashed flat, cause it landed on it's top. So I grabbed the passenger side door and pulled it open by myself and cut the seatbelts of the people hangin' upside down. The couple was in their 70's. Then other people helped me get the couple out of the truck. When fire and rescue finally showed up, they asked how in the hell we got the door open. One guy pointed at me and said, "that big guy opened it." They asked me how I did it... all i said was "Adrenaline!" It made the news... but I left before that crap started... I hate news cameras and crap so i left after fillin' out a statement for the State patrol.

Feels good to help people.:)

Gary

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
All that "working out" has paid off, eh. Good on ya!

Thanks you guys...:) I had a throbbin' headache about 2 hours after that whole ordeal... I think it was due to the adrenaline rush I had.

Nice photo shop deal there Paully! HAHAHA!:lol:

Gary

WAY TO BE, Gary, nice to know that there are still people out there that will help, most would just drive right past the scene with the attitude let someone else get involved.

It has been unseasonably mild and dry here in Illinois these past few days, high fifties. I took advantage of it and played landscaper, finally got our front yard done, after a summer of moving dirt, picking up rocks and gravel, finally was able to get a finish grade and sowed grass seed, late I know but at least it is done, when I wanted to do it back in late Sept. or Oct, we had nothing but rain or were busy with work. If the seed doesn't sprout next spring, Ill redo it, no big deal.

Later this week we go back to early winter with temps barely above freezing

Gary, that is fantastic. Good on you.

On the weather side, you need to move. Mid 80's here with the lows in the 70's.

Good job Gasoline71! Had our first frost here, about 33 degrees, that's about as cold as it usually gets here.

It dumped out here starting on Sunday. I was up all night due to the continuous cracking of failing trees and branches. I spent the day on Monday clearing roads for the local volunteer F.D. 0400-2000, I was beat at the end. wound up getting trapped on a couple of roads, as soon as I would get it cleared, trees would fail right behind me. Damn those Alders.

I cleared English grade road, then got started on a patch of Hwy 9 till it got too crappy, wind came up and the snow was getting deep fast. I wound up with about 15-18" at my place.:O

Nice one Gary,damn right it feels good to help people now and again..

Roller, last nite it got downto 14 degrees F. Today its warmed up some, getting ready to snow again. I havent had power for 2 days now, at the college in Everett right now. Hopefully will get some workload from this storm.

thats it mate look on the bright side,you'll more than likely pick up a good bit of work ,great pics great scenery

Back