What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 493K
Yippe Skipee! finally above 40 degrees... it's 42 right now:) . Almost all the snow is gone from the lower elevations. However, the foothills and such are still covered with snow.

Gary

Yesterday morning it rained like a cow peeing on a flat rock,3" of rain.I'll bet it drowned every frog in northern Ohio.Then the wind blew at gusts reaching 60 MPH .Downed a few trees thus providing Christmas money for the trimmers.

High 30's now,low 19 tonight,high of 30 tomorrow .

The progosticators have missed yet again-the 30% cahnce of show with accumulations of 1 inch or less has turned into 3-4 inches of new snow. I went outside mid-morning to pull a guy out of the ditch but otherwise I am just hanging out reading, loading some ammo and hoping that the warmth and sun forecast for Monday holds true-I need to get some work done and get paid.

It was 67*F in the middle of the night, and down to 30*F by noon yesterday. Lots of wind.

we got lots of wind here at the mo Wales was hit with 99mph gusts last night

It is my favorite weather here, frosty mornings in the low 30's and sunny afternoons in the 50's or a little warmer.

60*F / 80*F here. Typical autumn weather. Our winter begins the week of Christmas and lasts until about Jan 20. For that month you usually need a jacket.
8)

its cold cold here last week our high was likemid 40's it was getting well below zero at night it starting to warm again

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
60*F / 80*F here. Typical autumn weather. Our winter begins the week of Christmas and lasts until about Jan 20. For that month you usually need a jacket.
8)

Come up here and I will give you a tour of winter. ;)

12 degrees, 20-30mph wind, dang, this ain't canada, it's North Carolina! Probably go swing some ice tools today if I can get a play pass!

12 degrees, 20-30mph wind, dang, this ain't canada, it's North Carolina! Probably go swing some ice tools today if I can get a play pass!

Same shit here, plus a dusting of snow to ice everything up.At least I'm almost in Canada. A week ago it was friggin' 68. I suspect this global warming crap isn't go to be all that warm at times.

huge storm last night. again. I woke up at about 5 to 4 this morning, wind was howling and whistling and the trees were hissing with the constant wind, apparently it was about 100kph and such for an hour or so. 200,000 people without power, bridges closed, ferries stopped, skytrain (subway kinda deal) closed, schools closed, pretty much all traffic lights out. local 5-0 saying' please stay home today" hhaahaha a tree guys adolescent wet dream!!! I might go and do some door knock tree cleanup work today.

http://www.canada.com/globaltv/bc/story.html?id=1cc0cb06-0e65-490a-b9e6-2bd5f2ec41ef

Gasoline, I heard a bridge out your way is busted up, any werd?

Deception Pass Bridge was closed for awhile... but is now reopened.

No power on my Island... prolly won't have any power for another 3 to 4 days. I was out last night till about 2 am... cuttin' trees that had come down on the roads near my place. Now I'm at work... will be back out in the mix to get downed trees off of the roads. Plus I have a few friends that need help gettin' downed trees off of houses and driveways.

We had peak gusts up to 65 knots last night. I think that is around 73 MPH.

Gary

Was wondering how you were doing out there Paul that's some storm hitting you guys. Barely blowing at all around here but again we've got wind warnings for up to 100km/hr but I doubt it'll happen, hope your lights stay on and everyone's safe. It sucks but ya might as well go make a buck.:D

Squish, batten down and fuel your gear man, its coming your way! and... we had been in a lull for the last couple hours, now they are reporting 94kmh gusts at YVR and thunder & lightning accompanying it. yeesh, enough allready

Man you guys are just getting hammered this past month or so. Looks like Frank and Peter are gonna be there for awhile.

I am too beat from the season to come out and help. I have been looking forward to my annual break for the past couple months. I have around 6-7 weeks of holidays starting next Saturday, wouldn't want to mess with that! 8)

yeah, anyone else in the PNW? bedcheck! everyone ok?

Gas... was cutfishhuntwood on a SAR flight or have they grounded those boys?

Back