What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
18 degrees and blowing out of the north at 24 mph, with a resulting wind chill of 2 degrees below zero. This winter seems to have lasted forever......and still going strong.

Joel

It's warmed here in the last several days .So much so I let the wood stove go out .The grass is starting to green up and I'll have to set seeds for the garden shortly .

I was getting rather tired of packing in firewood ,hope it's over for a while .

Trade ya, AborKeith. Woke up this morning to -2 degrees on April 9th. No wind this morning though, so I'm not complaining too loudly. We broke the record low this morning, which was previously at +8. Setting a new record low in North Dakota isn't easy to do. LOL

Joel

Masterblaster, It's quite a life up here, for sure. The heating season has already lasted 230 days......and counting. I've burned through nearly 13 cords of firewood, and now I'm nearly out. It's going to be a busy summer.

Trees aren't easy to come by up here on the "frozen tundra". I've never turned down a free tree. I'll do whatever it takes to go get it. The trick is to get to them before the sap starts moving up the tree, because we don't have enough time during the summer to dry them down. Dead trees is about all we can get by with as far as firewood goes, which requires a whole lot more firewood. If I harvest a living tree, it goes into a "wet pile", which will be burned two years out.

Joel

Hail and heavy rains Sunday, everything stayed north yesterday, then a chance of hail and tornadoes this sfternoon/evening depending on when the cold air hits us. Going to be 73 and storms today, the 41 freezing rain and snow tomorrow! Gotta love spring time weather!

Sooooo yesterday was Tee shirt weather...
Today started out a tad chilly... but just a light jacket over long sleeve...
Then wind came up and the sky grew dark after being sunny all morning...
Rain... then rain mixed with snow. Then snow..
Now sunny and a long sleeve cotton shirt will do ya...... Lord...

19 degrees. Cloudy. Dark clouds in the area full of snow, but no snow here yet. The weatherman keeps teasing me. Says we'll hit 40 degrees for the first time this year sometime later in the month.......but I've heard this before.

Joel

70 the day before, 43 yesterday, 58 and strong storms today then snow tomorrow again! Winter doesn't seem to want to go away here!
I sure wish it would decide on something, all these fronts and temperature fluctuations are killing me!

More snow last night in the winter that won't end. Should be highs in 50s and lows in upper 30's now, but running about 20 degrees below average so far. A lot of 15' high snow piles again after this past weekend. Anyone need some ice for a really big party? We can fix you right up! We'll be griping about the heat in another couple of months, hope we remember this then.

We have had something like 6" of rain in the last two days, plus it rained all last week. There was a nice sinkhole in the city.

sinkhole.si.jpg

They're drawing straws to see who gets to go drive them away from the hole... the heavy one on the right is actually praying he doesn't get the short straw...

Humid! but windy. I would move further North if I could. I need to finish my profile. I am north of New Orleans. Saturday will be nice sunny with high of 70 and lows in the 40's at night. Love cool weather

Back