What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
Dark. Big black clouds hanging over us.

We had elections yesterday. News say it's gonna get darker.

Moderate snow finally moved in, winds are still under 20mph so far, but the snow and the winds are supposed to pick up! No one can seem to come to terms on amounts so far, every station has a different number.

Rumors of an ice sorm possibly tomorrow .Accumulations of 1/4" which probabley won't do much damage .Of course the last time that happened it was an inch and toppled power lines and 200 year old oaks .Right now it's nice and sunny so you just never know .

Well, Al, so far this has been the greatest snow storm to never happen! Winds are continuing to pick up and we've had 1/4-1/2" of snow so far.

This late in winter you just never know what can happen .I've seen late snow after the thaw in late March ,heavy snow .It doesn't last too long though .I've also seen a blizzard in November but that was a freak thing .Two of them as a matter of fact and were they dandies .

Were still getting freezing rain/sleet with some snow mixed in. Winds have died down and I hope it changes over to snow soon! They've dropped us down to 3-9" now, but doesn't seem to me they have a clue!

That snow in Texas is what surprises me .I guess not knowing any better I always assumed Texas was a rather dry area with little if any snow.Jack rabbits ,long horn cattle and armadildos .

Al, it's only 151 miles from Dalhart, TX to Trinidad, CO.

The elevation of each is 3984 and 6025.

The snow in the Texas and Oklahoma panhandle's is usually much worse then the remainder of each state.

(You couldn't pay me to live in either panhandle) :)

They say we got 6-7" here, but with the warmer weather, rain and freezing rain, about 3" of it stuck. Not bad all in in all! Looking South, West and North of here, we really dodged a bullet!

Today was beautiful and will be all through the weekend!
Barbeque1.gif

The weather has been really good for a while now so I didn't say anything. A bit like Louisiana this week though, around 90 and 80% humidity.

Nice and sunny but not good work days, I must have lost a few pounds. Just started raining and looks like a wet Easter.

Snowing here this morning. A little freezing rain mixed in I think. Sounds like this next week will be good for a slow melt, temps in the 30's during the days. That is good when all your rivers run north and the downstream end is still froze solid. Still have 3' of snow in back yard. Last year the farmers were started to do field work. Never boring in ND.

Snowing here in Cando too. We still have snow drifts in the yard that are more than 7 feet deep. I keep saying that Spring will be here soon......about the same time we start loading up the furnace with firewood....I suppose. Typical North Dakota summer.......all both weeks of it.

Snowing, again.

I took the motorcycle out to make a couple of bids, and got caught in hail on the way home.
Not too nice with an open face helmet.

Back