What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 482K
I am with Fred this weather is killing me I NEED IT TO FREEZE. I can't get to the rest for the buckthorn clean up or the bucket work and I am sure as hell not going to pay the guys to drag it a thousand yards a hundred times a day.

Yup, I rescheduled today's job because the ground is not hard enough so we will be doing firewood instead. I'm tellin' yah, this weather is bananas. Did you get you new mini yet Rajan?

No mini yet but it would come in real handy right now. I think delivery is scheduled for the first or second week in January you should come on up and play once I get it. I am still working in the Lake Geneva area and am thinking about moving back to this neck of the woods. There is just a crazy amount of work around here and it is all funded by Chicago money.

Hahaha, you got that right about Lake geneva. Didn't you know that is actually Chicago's northern most border? :lol: I would be happy to come up sometime in January. I have the 600tx and I got to play on the 800tx at Vermeer Arurora, and I have to say that it is a HORSE. Lots of power and smooth. Which Vermeer dealer do you goto?

It rained once a long time ago.

They say maybe next week, Deva. We'll see. Jer and I went to the Avenue of the Giants Sunday and the Eel River is really low for this time of year. The groves are usually full of little streams by now and it's completely dry in there. This is not good.

We have been sunny and warm - upper 30's - so far today. Supposed to cool off tonight and then warm up again for the weekend.

Hahaha, you got that right about Lake geneva. Didn't you know that is actually Chicago's northern most border? :lol: I would be happy to come up sometime in January. I have the 600tx and I got to play on the 800tx at Vermeer Arurora, and I have to say that it is a HORSE. Lots of power and smooth. Which Vermeer dealer do you goto?

I go to the one in Butler WI not too far from me in Milwaukee. Chicago boarder pff never heard that one before. :P

Steve, you are not allowed to talk about all of your nice warm weather. :)

Well I should know to keep my mouth shut by now.

It was high 90's last weekend, then cooled down and started raining on tuesday just as I got finished about 3.30 and didn't stop till late this morning. It really came down last night.

Some English guy on the radio called Sydney rain "the rain from hell':laughing6: I hope he's still around in February he might see some real rain.

That was Spring, I don't know what happened to Summer but I was right about February it's been raining on and off for a couple of weeks and now it's really coming down and 68F, average is low 80's for now.

Heatwaves in West and South Aus and Victoria and we had the coldest December in 51 years and January not much better. :(

Gigi, have you ever seen snow? I know it's a dumb question, but how many swimming suits do you have? Not just bikinis. :D

It's spring like here but I doubt it lasts ,it never has in the past .

Last ground hog day we were in the midst of a blizzard .Fact I've seen in the past the worst snows the last weeks of March .Not cold just heavy wet snow and lots of it .

We've only had a couple of weeks worth of weather in the last nine months. Our summer was mild and so is our winter.

Our summer was about as hot as Lousiana I think just not as humid .I was splitting wood in 96 degree heat--under the canopy of the trees else I'd have cooked what few brain cells I have left .Drank water by the gallons full .

We are still really waiting for winter here. No real snow pack to speak of and that 3" of rain we had recent was not even close to a dent on what we need. I doubt there will be any snow to ski on this Monday.

This morning the hot water pipe was frozen up. Hope the water based adhesives didn't freeze at my shop, since it renders them useless.

Back